Casting for King Oleb

Knightgoblin

Mongoose
I’m about to start up a Drinax Campaign. I was wonder who you guys would cast as King Oleb? I was thinking John Rys-Davies.

Knightgoblin said:
I’m about to start up a Drinax Campaign. I was wonder who you guys would cast as King Oleb? I was thinking John Rys-Davies.

Ray Stevenson as Volstagg from "Thor" Loves eating, drinking, fighting, and women.

Knightgoblin said:

+1

He's pretty perfect imho

Or maybe Malcolm McDowell, revisiting and reinterpreting a role from his youth.

flash-gordon-brian-blessed.jpg

Brian Blessed...

Great...

Now I have an image of of King Oleb as Boss Nass, shaking his head violently and going bublbublublbublbub as spittle flies in every direction around the throne room.

... thanks for that...

BRIAN BLESSED as Voltan from Flash Gordon is the only answer. All speaking must be done at a near shout.
His daughter is best cast as Ming's daughter from the same film, always scheming

I beleive the authors notes say that Drinax is a cross between Voltan's floating city and Constantinople in its final days of faded glory

Oleb, the flying palace, the hawk guard... that's all a direct riff on Flash Gordon/Prince Vultan, so yeah.

Knightgoblin said:
Ok cool! I decided to go wild and crazy and went with Brian Blessed. How about Princess Rao? Any ideas?

Pamela Hensley = Princess Ardala from Buck Rogers

I went with Princess Aura (Ming's daughter) from the 1980 Flash Gordon film to keep a theme, then I revealed that one of my PC's an ex fighter pilot had been given the call sign 'Flash' he took it well

Back