Can anyone help me?

Hey there,

This should help ;)

buildsst.jpg

Good gaming,

B

The jaws/mandibles go on to the small, flat tabs on the front of the main body/thorax. Before you glue them they can be compressed or spread apart for a more open or closed pose, then simply put a dab of superglue on the join to set them(with accelerator). The small "arms" go into the small holes on the sides of the "head", they can be positioned however you choose.

The legs and abdomen. Nothing good here I'm afraid. What I do is try to partially assemble the abdomen so a small crack is still showing then "snap" the legs in ,one at a time. then set it on the table and position the legs. When I have a position I like I then put a drop of superglue on the ball joint and hit it with accelerator.

Hope this helps.

Sgt. Brassones said:
The legs and abdomen. Nothing good here I'm afraid. What I do is try to partially assemble the abdomen so a small crack is still showing then "snap" the legs in ,one at a time. then set it on the table and position the legs.

What I do is put the upper torso into it's socket in the upper half of bottom torso, then put lower half of the bottom torso into table, put the legs in it, put glue there, attack upper half to itand then position legs. The glue I use doesn't glue it firmly instantly so I have time to position them as I wish.

After I have assembled ~5 of warriors I then go to first ones and check each leg wether they move. If they do bit of glue and reset the leg. If not fine :D

The_King_of_Ashes said:
Warriors are the :twisted: I am trying to put my first one together right now. Now I know why every one hates the bugs.

For me it was the MI that was :twisted: . Warriors were dead easy.

But guess it differs from person to person :D

I usually glue everything together except the legs. I pop them in as I am gluing the abdomen but don't glue them (the legs). Then I place them on a spare piece of deep carpet. This allows me to pose it before gluing as the legs will stay in place on the carpet instead of sliding apart.

Also, I put carpet in the bottom of the boxes I use when storing or transporting the bugs. Keeps things from sliding around and buping into other minis.

-JM

I'd recommend only using the extended legs - forget the ones that are sharply bent at the joints. The extended legs will give your warriors a more stable base, which is really handy when trying to position them on slopes and other pieces of terrain.

the easy way for me to do a warrior is to put all the legs into the socks of the lower half of abdomen and drop a small bit of super glue on the middle not touching the legs, then I take the top half of the abdomen and push it up into the torso and then I lower it onto the lower half with the legs then I make sure none of the legs are glued in(by wiggleing them so they don't glue)then I postion them and glue them in place. hope this helps

Adastra said:
I'd recommend only using the extended legs - forget the ones that are sharply bent at the joints. The extended legs will give your warriors a more stable base, which is really handy when trying to position them on slopes and other pieces of terrain.

Plus you have a longer reach when you exit a bug hole! :twisted:
:D

"The only good bug is a dead bug!"

To set the legs, just don't clean the flash off the ball joint of the legs. Place all 4 of them in the bottom half of the abdomen and partially push the top half on.

Run some glue (I use ZapAGap) along the tops of the leg balls and a drop on the holes that received the pins from the other half of the abdomen.

Pick the whole mess up and straighten the legs up. Now push down hard to set the abdomen. Sometimes I use some needlenose pliers for that.

In the past 40 warriors I've done, I've only had sloppy legs on two. In those cases, I just stradled a sideways GW paint pot.

I try not to make more than a couple warriors in the same position. Some may be higher off the ground and other may have their arms pulled way back. It adds variety, which is good.

The short legs don't matter anyway.
I have Bugs standing on 3 legs without any problems. That's no big thing if you balance them well.

Sgt. Brassones said:
That shows the "butt plate" being put on behind the head. :D

SB, that's because that particular trooper is a "butt-head" silly :lol:

Or maybe that trooper learned about the spot where the Control Bugs "get you" and thought he'd rearrange his suit armor in a more effective manner. It still might be a good idea to use two butt plates, as now his "^ o'clock" is exposed, heh.

It's a good drawing, and I wish it could be edited by the author to place the butt-plate in the correct orientation (I'm finally getting around to making a comment without a joke attached, heh).

BuShips said:
Sgt. Brassones said:

Or maybe that trooper learned about the spot where the Control Bugs "get you" and thought he'd rearrange his suit armor in a more effective manner. It still might be a good idea to use two butt plates, as now his "^ o'clock" is exposed, heh.

It's a good drawing, and I wish it could be edited by the author to place the butt-plate in the correct orientation (I'm finally getting around to making a comment without a joke attached, heh).

Thats not the butt plate its the Face Mask.

JLS83WARRIOR said:
BuShips said:
Sgt. Brassones said:

Or maybe that trooper learned about the spot where the Control Bugs "get you" and thought he'd rearrange his suit armor in a more effective manner. It still might be a good idea to use two butt plates, as now his "6 o'clock" is exposed, heh.

Thats not the butt plate its the Face Mask.

Why yes it is, JLS83WARRIOR! Sgt. Brassones owes you a pint, and I owe you 1/2 a pint (for agreeing too quickly with SB, lol). Ahh, but then where is the butt plate? Well at least the drawing would not need to be reworked as it would be possible for the artist to add it to the drawing. It is a good drawing, after all.

Back