Campaign Times

A

Anonymous

Ok...

Just a thought, when do you out there plan on running your campaign or adventures?

Truth be told, I'm kind of in two places at the moment. The two campaign areas I'm pondering at the moment are 2259 (with the establishment of the Rangers a major part of the plot, or possibly using whatever is in the Ragged Edge) or in 2266 (ISA era, leading into Crusade).

We'll have to see though. Anyone else?

Chobbly

If I were to run one I think that personally I'd want to have it take place during the series. I think players might relate more to what's going on than ouside that.

On the other hand, going early or late period gives the GM more freedom since not as much is expressly written down for those eras. We'll see if I can generate interest for the game in my area.

Chernobyl

My campaign, which I'm posting as a story hour to these forums, is currently nearing the end of 2259 though I have plans to carry it through long term into the Crusade era.

The people I would be running for didnt really follow the series so it all would be suspenseful for them, that is why I cannot decide. My first thought would be to run right after season four and follow along with that, but there is a lot of good fun to be had going from the beginning as well.

Second I was thinking of running parallel to cursade and developing it out from there, I have never read any of the paperbacks so I really am not sure what has happened past that...if anything.

I am planning an EarthForce Campaign that starts at 1st level in 2246. They will be part of the Tunnel War and get trapped for the rest of the war. They will be around 3rd level in 2248 and advance one level every other year after that as members of a ships crew rising to command, that will make them about eigth level at the start of the series (with one of the characters in command of their EF ship), then they will have to decide what to do about Clark...do they join Sheridan? do they join the Rangers? do they remain 'loyal' to EarthGov and clark? could get interesting...

EricRoss said:
I am planning an EarthForce Campaign that starts at 1st level in 2246. They will be part of the Tunnel War and get trapped for the rest of the war. They will be around 3rd level in 2248 and advance one level every other year after that as members of a ships crew rising to command, that will make them about eigth level at the start of the series (with one of the characters in command of their EF ship), then they will have to decide what to do about Clark...do they join Sheridan? do they join the Rangers? do they remain 'loyal' to EarthGov and clark? could get interesting...
Sounds good but 8th level will make them same sort of level as B5 command staff at start 2258. Is that too senior??

Cheers

James

I haven't played yet and when I do, it will probably be with players who know next to nothing about B5. So it will most likely be from the start of season 1 or a little earlier. I would like to incorporate something from The Gathering in the first scenario.

But a concept I think about doing someday is to have my characters involved with the construction of the first Babylon stations. They could try to stop sabotage or something like that (and fail obviously). I would then have them be aboard B4 when it vanishes and be rescued by Sinclair and his team at the end of season 1. That would put them in the middle of the story.

Vortex said:
But a concept I think about doing someday is to have my characters involved with the construction of the first Babylon stations. They could try to stop sabotage or something like that (and fail obviously). I would then have them be aboard B4 when it vanishes and be rescued by Sinclair and his team at the end of season 1. That would put them in the middle of the story.

I've thought about having a group of PC's starting on B4 too, back in the days of the CE B5 RPG - it's a good mechanic for getting a group of players together with different backgrounds, as it creates a common bond regardless of character histories and experiences. It also sets up some interesting possibilities for the players to have experienced time flashes of other places and times, allowing you to do a bit of foreshadowing of where your campaign game could go.

As well as that, don't forget as shown in the episode 'Knives' that EarthForce confiscated all files on Babylon 4. Therefore, you could expect intelligence forces (perhaps more than just EarthForce) to keep a close eye on the characters...

Actually, thinking about this it'd be a really cool scenario to write, potentially lots of interaction with guest characters in this episode such as Major Krantz, the B4 first officer (who was played by a DJ IIRC) and maybe even Zathras. Of course, what'd happen if one of the characters saw something during the theft of Babylon 4 that he shouldn't....

Chobbly

My campaign is running concurrently with the Babylon 5 timeline. But for the right now it is on hiatus as I recover from GM/ player burn out. I'm resting for a period of time. I know that I'll recover it just takes time. Which sucks for my players. I will run again, it hopefully will be by summer and not any longer than that.

Back