Campaign: 5-player map?

Eryx

Mongoose
We have 5 players of Evo at my FLGS, and we want to start using the campaign rules for our War in Iraqistan games, but looking through the rulebook we can't work out a fair map layout for 5 players.

Any ideas?

Why not? Just take a basic country map, randomly generate enough 'control points' to keep 5 people guessing, and fight from there. If you want, I'll try to whip something up for ya.

Hiromoon said:
Why not? Just take a basic country map, randomly generate enough 'control points' to keep 5 people guessing, and fight from there. If you want, I'll try to whip something up for ya.

Thanks. Any ideas always helpful.

At the moment we're working on a pentram pattern, with starting points sticking out from the points of the star and a site at the centre of the star.

Just make it up yourself, I would take the 4 person campaign and add in a few more targets and a 5th starting place.

Just out of intrest what factions do you have? and how are the 2 (or more) players differentating their forces?

cordas said:
Just out of intrest what factions do you have? and how are the 2 (or more) players differentating their forces?

We have 1 USMC (myself), 1 MEA, 1 PLA and 2 EFTF. One of the European players is focusing on being pure British armed forces, while the other has decided to be a NATO type task force.

I feel you pain, must be terrible to have 5 people in your area that play the game....

Yes, I suffer from envy. :(

Here's an idea...the MEA player plays the locals...they don't need a starting point. Give them the center of the country, and when the other factions aren't fighting each other, the MEA player gets to play.

Edit: Here we go!

InvasionIraq.jpg

At the moment we're working on a pentram pattern, with starting points sticking out from the points of the star and a site at the centre of the star.

Sounds like the approach taken for the campaign map in DBA, which can be expanded for any number of players. It should work well for you.

Back