Buyers Guide?

Not a must buy, but I just finished Sword Worlds, and I am compelled to say it was an informative delight: a fascinating look at a polity I was not particularly interested in. Serious kudos to M J Dougherty!

I'm a Frugaltarian, and sometimes I find myself with an extra $100, but rarely with an extra $150. If I could get free shipping on $100 or $110, I might order more often. When I order three books ~ $160 - $180, one of them is usually not yet published or in stock, so Mongoose or Studio 2 is paying for shipping twice. But if they offered free shipping on $100 in-stock only, I would probably own 4 more books now. Does anyone else have this dilemma?

To answer the original question: These provide the nostalgia I was looking for:
Core Rulebook
Central Supply Catalogue CSC (many needed equipment updates moving from 70's sci fi closer to now)
Behind the Claw (the future past re-retro-imagined, or is it the other way around)

Do you Prefer LBB4 or LBB5? Choose Mercenary or High Guard

Not a must buy, but I just finished Sword Worlds, and I am compelled to say it was an informative delight: a fascinating look at a polity I was not particularly interested in. Serious kudos to M J Dougherty!
Just out of interest, for anyone using the PDF version of Sword Worlds, do the index/bookmarks work on your version? The one I ordered from DrivethruRPG is broken. Badly.

Just out of interest, for anyone using the PDF version of Sword Worlds, do the index/bookmarks work on your version? The one I ordered from DrivethruRPG is broken. Badly.
About Sword Worlds (MGP40038). Mine is 178 pages long. On the left hand side of my PDF reader (Evince, running on Ubuntu Linux 22.04.2 x86_64), I can see bookmarks ranging from "Introduction" through to "LK-1001 etc...". It takes a while to jump about the PDF, but it seems to be working OK here.

About Sword Worlds (MGP40038). Mine is 178 pages long. On the left hand side of my PDF reader (Evince, running on Ubuntu Linux 22.04.2 x86_64), I can see bookmarks ranging from "Introduction" through to "LK-1001 etc...". It takes a while to jump about the PDF, but it seems to be working OK here.
Thanks. I was just about to edit my post to specify OS, but by some bizarre coincidence, we are running the same! Must be my copy. Will let them know.
Cheers

Thanks. I was just about to edit my post to specify OS, but by some bizarre coincidence, we are running the same! Must be my copy. Will let them know.
Cheers
No problem. We *might* be using the same version of the file. How comfortable are you with the sha256sum command? On my system, it did this:
$ sha256sum MGP40038-Sword-Worlds.pdf
efde5b6e08e9793a91710d9e7df1df638f4de0e063e28c7b6e8834b4d1cdd4e6 MGP40038-Sword-Worlds.pdf
(Note, your filename will be different to mine).

Edit: At the top left of the Evince window, there is a small icon. If you hover your mouse pointer over it, you'll get the pop-up notification "Side pane". Click on that and see if you get a list of bookmarks. Failing that, pressing F9 toggles the "Side pane" on and off.

Sword Worlders seem more Scandinavians, maybe late stage Vikings.

Since you wouldn't want to thread on the paws of Vargr, which culturally could be early stage Viking spacedogs.

Sorry all, wandered away for a few days. To update, I contacted DTRPG help, who in turn contacted Mongoose, who gave them a correctly working version.
Cheers for the help Ian.

Back