Bug Canyon Project

Thanks for pointing out the broken link, It was still showing up fine from my cache until I just reloaded my browser page. So I copied the pic into a photobucket folder, and changed the IMG link.

That mud color is the base so it will be lightened up, especially on the top where it will only show through as cracks. At least that is the plan..

Very nice. Are you glueing down any or all of the peices, or are you going to have some free floating so they can be re-arranged as desired?

cordas said:
Very nice. Are you glueing down any or all of the peices, or are you going to have some free floating so they can be re-arranged as desired?

Yes. Anything not glued down by now is free floating. I've got a total of 36 free floating pieces, but I'll only be using 28 pieces for my game. When I was drawing out my pattern and numbering pieces I made sure that many would overlap the seams. The pieces shown in the recent pictures with paint that are on the boards are the fixed pieces. The seams between joined terrain boards are evident in the wide open areas. I can use the floating pieces or later I plan to make other things like a Skinnie village or a MI outpost, or an Arachnid termite type mound.

Having a big seam on terrain boards is a pet peeve of mine. Here's some WWII terrain I made a few years ago:

http://www.victoryforce.com/victorygallerylorenzopage.html

There's a pic halfway down on the left with a bunker and it would have been a nice picture if it wasn't for that meddling seam!

Just a quick update. My gaming blog http://goldwyrm.blogspot.com/ has some more information, but I wanted to share some photos here as well. Here are some staged action shots with the terrain:

BugCanProjC015.jpg

BugCanProjC017.jpg

After my convention games, I'll be sendingin a terrain article and a battle report for Lt. Rasczak's website.

doesnt paint primer spray ruin the faom though cause when i primed s peice of that pink inolation faom it was like acid it ate away the fam and melted it kinda :?:

Yes, Normal paint spray primer will eat through foam.

I used a slightly different product called Krylon H2O which is a latex spray paint that does not eat the foam. In the past I've also used straight latex house paint that was brushed on as a primer.

Do you mean the Hexagon and Platformer terrain sets? Just google those. There are plenty of online vendors. I don't own any myself but will pick them up eventually.

Back