Does the Conan forum need sub sections?

• Yes Definitely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yokiboy

Mongoose
Is it just me, or does the Conan forum need a couple of separate sub sections, such as Conan Rules Forum and Conan Setting Forum? There's so many posts that some just swish by without notice.

TTFN,

Yokiboy

And don't forget the Conan Feint Forum, based on the existing threads we need one for that also! :wink:

Elfman said:
And don't forget the Conan Feint Forum, based on the existing threads we need one for that also! :wink:

Man... Can't you keep in touch ? There is one already. It's called the Rulesmasters Section.

The traffic here is so low anyway, I wouldn't want to have to click on several different forums to see what's new...

Fearguis said:
The traffic here is so low anyway, I wouldn't want to have to click on several different forums to see what's new...

Ditto. It's annoying enough to have to go from the Conan forum to the Conan Feint Foru... I mean, the Rulesmaster Forum. :lol:

p.s. I voted "No way!" but I am really voting "Not yet!" There may come a time when it is needed. Just not right now.

Traffic here is indeed a bit slower than some other boards I've seen. On the other hand it's completely dizzying in comparison to the Conan d20 yahoo group. ;)

Hyena said:
Elfman said:

Man... Can't you keep in touch ? There is one already. It's called the Rulesmasters Section.

Aaahhhh... so you mean all these god-awful feint threads in the Conan Forumare actually off-topic and ought to be deleted, since there is a RulesMaster forum where they SHOULD be posted???

That would make my life soooo much better right now.

*raises paw*

I vote for deleting all the crapy feint-dexmod-parry-crap-threads like my pal Hyena here! :p

/wolf

I think we should have only 1 forum for now, and those few rules threads from the rulemasters section should be moved to the Conan section.

I disagree. This threads from the rulesmasters section (my last in particular) are waiting for an answer from Mongoose, so they belong there. Remember : all we have on the subjects we've recently discussed are our house rules. Even if they seem solid, they're still only house rules. Having the designers' take on them would be invaluable.

Hyena said:
I disagree. This threads from the rulesmasters section (my last in particular) are waiting for an answer from Mongoose, so they belong there. Remember : all we have on the subjects we've recently discussed are our house rules. Even if they seem solid, they're still only house rules. Having the designers' take on them would be invaluable.

The designers should be able to answer them in this forum just as easily. They have posted here before. It makes so much more sense for everything Conan to be in 1 searchable forum, for ease of use.

Then, again the section specifically designed to ask official is the Rulesmasters, whatever the game.

Hyena said:
Then, again the section specifically designed to ask official is the Rulesmasters, whatever the game.

Sure, I understand that, but they've answered questions here just fine too. I hadn't ever looked at that forum before (barely gone anywhere on this site but here), and it would be easily missed by other Conan people looking for info and might just repeat the questions here.

You know, my comment about a separate section for Feint rules was a joke guys. Really, I didn't mean it seriously.

I personally voted for not splitting up the Conan forum.

Elfman - I thought it was funny. It's amazing how that topic has bled all over the place. I'm as much to blame as any for asking the question, but at least Mongoose gave us an answer that clarified the rules so we could move forward with our games.

Anyway - that's how I saw the RulesMasters section. A place to ask Mongoose a question about the rules. Better to keep the discussions here.

I also voted to keep the Conan forum together since the traffic is not too terribly high.

Course, there should be a House Rule section here. To many of you post house rules. Do we really need to know that kind of stuff? I for one could care less about them. Now, if you were to post them under their own sub-folder, then I can ignore them, and continue looking at all the other fine material.

Odovacar's Ghost said:
Course, there should be a House Rule section here. To many of you post house rules. Do we really need to know that kind of stuff? I for one could care less about them. Now, if you were to post them under their own sub-folder, then I can ignore them, and continue looking at all the other fine material.

That's why I brought this up. There's so many different types of discussion, I'd say House Rules should be split from the rest.

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Back