BREAKING NEWS - Mongoose & Warlord Dredd Partnership

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
We are delighted to announce an agreement between these two progressive games companies that will see Warlord Games exclusively manufacture and distribute Mongoose Publishing’s Judge Dredd miniatures game.

MongooseWarlord-Dredd-alt3-600x665.jpg

Managing Director of Mongoose Publishing, Matthew Sprange: “This is a great step for the Judge Dredd miniatures game as we believe Warlord is the premier miniatures company and we have always been huge fans of their work. We have known the chaps working there for many years and look forward to working closely within them for many more.”

Paul Sawyer of Warlord Games: “We are very excited to be working with our old friend Matt on taking the Judge Dredd game to a wider audience . Many of us at Warlord are rabid Dredd and 2000AD fans and are looking forward to helping build on the solid platform built by the Mongoose team”.

Plans are already well underway for the range to be reorganised and repackaged as well as having a welter of new releases added. There are already plans for a hardback rulebook amongst other new additions. For more information about the Judge Dredd line or either company check out our websites:

http://www.warlordgames.com

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com

For details of how to stock these new lines in your gaming store please contact the Warlord sales team at info@warlordgames.com

Having pledged at the Council of Judges level a while ago ( well..you have to get it all don't you Smiley ) I'm watching this with great interest, especially since the releases we pledged for seem to have ground to a halt. I see the promised Manta, Mechisimo and Ultimate Lawbreakers have been given shiny new paintjobs but as yet no sure dates for the Backers.

Mongoose is one of those company's you want to believe in and so far they have held true to the amount of releases they promised, yet...something starts to niggle in your stomach when you read this.

Could it be i simply want to see the stuff i pledged for, of course, but then like most Kickstarter backers these days i tend to think I'm a patient man ( coughs...sedition wars...still waiting on next wave..coughs )

So again its back to fingers crossed to hope to see the rest of the things that we as backers were supposed to have helped get off the ground like the Biker gangs, Vehicles etc etc..

Please please Mongoose, don't prove that all our trust in you has been misguided.

Here's hoping...

Penfold said:
Please please Mongoose, don't prove that all our trust in you has been misguided.

We have you covered - KS Update coming out this afternoon, explaining what all this means!

I'd be reassured rather than worried by this. Getting a great manufacturer like Warlord involved can assure JD's future as a game, and I am now much more inclined to take a look at it.

I can see why things have been so quiet now - if there have been negotiations and test-models made with a new producer while people are being sacked in another country that takes abit of delicate work and some focus from other activity. I really hope that now the US and Warlord situations are sorted that communications (and models) will start to flow again to us kickstarter backers...

Penfold said:
I see the promised Manta, Mechisimo and Ultimate Lawbreakers have been given shiny new paintjobs but as yet no sure dates for the Backers.

Can't speak for the rest, but the Mechanismos have definitely started shipping. Mine's sat at home right now.

chaoschild said:
Penfold said:
I see the promised Manta, Mechisimo and Ultimate Lawbreakers have been given shiny new paintjobs but as yet no sure dates for the Backers.

Can't speak for the rest, but the Mechanismos have definitely started shipping. Mine's sat at home right now.

yep have mine as well Travis Perkins and De Marco PI :)

matt,

how do i stand with the printed rulebook that i purchased from wargames vault?
Its not even 6 months old and it going to be replaced with a improved version and contain bock war.

grail said:
matt,

Its not even 6 months old and it going to be replaced with a improved version and contain bock war.

Seconded. I have printed one I purchased at Salute 2013, and was wondering the same thing.

Fair enough if it's a case of "buyer beware", but I'd like to know.

Thanks very much.

I would also like to know whether the new combined rulebook will be available as a free download. I think this is a key way of getting new players to try the game out and hence buy the figures.

danty2001ad said:
grail said:
matt,

Seconded. I have printed one I purchased at Salute 2013, and was wondering the same thing.

Fair enough if it's a case of "buyer beware", but I'd like to know.

Thanks very much.

Oh well looks like we have been left in limbo again by mongoose, no answer to a simple question. It looks like my support for JD has just gone down the drain, which is a shame as i love the setting. Add on to that the total lack of updates for the Rogue Trooper kickstarter (8 updates since it started) I just hope that you guys deliver some of the goods by september. My faith in you guys is fading away fast.

grail said:
Oh well looks like we have been left in limbo again by mongoose, no answer to a simple question.

Mate, give us a chance - this is the first time I have been able to sit at my desk for days!

Thew new rulebook is not a new edition. It will be a lot prettier and, including Block War, it will be a lot bigger. However, the rules themselves are going through no more than a tweaking with a few odds and ends added (Flying Squad Judges are now purchasable in a Justice Department force rather than being used purely as Mercenaries, for example).

However, using your current rulebook, you will still be playing the same game and won't run into any issues unless you come across someone with the new book.

Hey matt, sounds good. If it is going to be such a big tome, please consider some sort of colour coded and or descending outer page tabulations for the different sections of the book so it is easier to find your place just by looking at the outer pages. Plus a bookmark ribbon.

Gamers love that shit.

Back