Bought the PDF for an online game, but...

StormGryffen

Mongoose
Hey everyone. I bought the PDF set because I tend to run games online. Everything looks like it's going to work out nicely, but I'm left with some glaring logistics questions that the internet has been no help thus far in solving.

Firstly, what does the computer dice look like? This seems weird to leave out, right? It's got a computer on one side? Well, what are the other numbers? 1-5? 2-6? 5-10? What number does the computer "replace?"

I've had to craft a series of virtual decks for use on Roll20. Some decks have blanks - some of the decks that have blanks are clearly just giving me blank cards to customize and write on rather than expecting me to jam blanks into the decks for a game (action and equipment decks, for example). For some decks, it makes sense to play with blanks - During character creation, the player's handbook says that you may get blanks when creating your character and drawing mutant and secret society cards - But the player's handbook sometimes lies, so guidance is appreciated. While the secret society cards have two individual-looking cards for telling you you've drawn no secret society, the mutant deck just has two blank cards. Am I supposed to keep these two blanks in the deck, or is the player's handbook lying and does it make a more balanced game if everyone is automatically a mutant? Are the mutant blanks just there to draw on and make new mutant power cards?

Thanks in advance for any advice and assistance provided.

The Computer Dice is numbered 1-5, with the Computer on the 6 face,

And yes, the Player's Handbook does lie :) It is up to you how you distribute the cards, according to whatever formulae you think is best for your players.

msprange said:
The Computer Dice is numbered 1-5, with the Computer on the 6 face,

And yes, the Player's Handbook does lie :) It is up to you how you distribute the cards, according to whatever formulae you think is best for your players.

Great, thanks!

Back