Biggest Pain to put together

The Victory, so much grind and filing I almost gave up.

If you have a problem getting them to stick with super glue, use Zip Kicker by Zap-A-Gap, it sets the glue up instantly and hardens it, I would have gone insane long ago if not for it.

The shadow Omega was pretty tricky to do. There is nothing to secure the spines to on the Omega hull. :(

It took me so long that by the time I had finished the ship had moved into a different fleet list! :shock:

I've found that the best approach to the Shadow Omega is to take it in small steps. I set the task of one pair of spines per day, and that seems to make all the drilling for the spines a little more manageable.

I would have to say that my worst model to put together was the Poseidon. Luckily for me, I have a friend who is alot better at assembling who did it for me. The other one would have to be the Nova, I have lots of problems with the guns coming off, until I pinned everyone of them on.

Nightmares about Minbari said:
Octurions where the slots in the side hulls weren't there any more due to poor casting, so had to cut them again myself, which was a long job with a penknife.

oh yes, had that issue myself! I just perervered with a long wait (though not quite Hiffano-mothership length) and twice being sent the same wrong part by Mongoose, before I got mine finished!

Although my octurian proved to be a bit of a song and dance to get together (So much drilling, so much putty) my all time least favourate would have to be the shadow scout.

That whole business of having to put the tendrills on one at a time. I found the best way was to watch a movie on tv, and try for a tendrill at each set of adds. And then you have the moment of gloom when you find you forgot to leave room for the base to go through the bottom row of tendrills. Or when you put the last top one on, only to look at the mini and find that they are all leaning to the left, and the damn thing looks like its trying to take a corner too fast.

I got six in the old fleet box, and have never been happier to finish putting together a class of ship :lol:

Karhedron said:
The shadow Omega was pretty tricky to do. There is nothing to secure the spines to on the Omega hull.

I absolutely second this. I had to pin them all on. :evil:
Shadow scouts are easy by comparison.

Recent Omega hulls are pretty bad too due to breakdown of the molds. I've never had to use a dremel to prep a model before.

I've got a shadow scout in the mail, along with some EA crusade era, but I do have some EA stuff and ISA stuff (mostly whitestars and a Victory) and overall I think that Mongoose's minis aren't too hard to assemble. I even have a Sharlin hiding somewhere that I bought years ago. Even that wasn't so hard as some of the large BFG minis... (read Imperial Battleships gak)

Then again I haven't yet gotten my hands on the ones that keep turning up on this thread so I look forward to the wave of horror and disbelief that my Shadow scout seems likely to cause.

Zhai_ Morenn said:
I look forward to the wave of horror and disbelief that my Shadow scout seems likely to cause.

Just take your time and put the spines on one at a time. thats why watching a movie or something is good. The ad breaks are spaced just right to let the superglue do its work, and the movie stops you from twiddling your thumbs while the glue dries.

The massive lead weight known as the Poseidon, for me... just recently put it together... parts are still slightly crooked, though extremely hard to notice (I hope).

And I havn't a clue how to base it using the base it shipped with... the poor tiny metal stem will snap...

Back