BIG BADA-BOOM (nuke template)

MTM

Mongoose
heres my nuke template, me and the kids like to give nukes the persistant rule. its the peewee size, i shudder to think of an AJAX size teplate! :lol:

its made with 2 circles of foamcard with a wooden dowl rod between the two. great stuff expanding foam was then sprayed and spread over the fram. after it was dried i primed/basecoated it with H2O white spray paint and dry brushed it. thats it.

nuke.jpg

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-hah!!!!!!!!1!!!!1!!!1!!1!1one+shift

I love it! It's perfect!

Please tell me you took photos of the step-by-step and are planning on submitting it to S&P.

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

This is a project that I have been puzzling over for some time as well but never really believed that it could be pulled of with any honour, but seeing your glorious example, it will certainly inspire the arrival of many nuclear mushrooms to blossom in the skies near us all! Full kudos from this end!

MTM said:
heres my nuke template, me and the kids like to give nukes the persistant rule. its the peewee size, i shudder to think of an AJAX size teplate! :lol:

its made with 2 circles of foamcard with a wooden dowl rod between the two. great stuff expanding foam was then sprayed and spread over the fram. after it was dried i primed/basecoated it with H2O white spray paint and dry brushed it. thats it.

nuke.jpg

IMPRESSIVE! I'm not sure if I'd like to play the MI that use this thing or the bugs that die because of it! :twisted:

Sweet! And it doesn't even look pre-painted! Glad to see the hobby is living strong!

Billy - I wanna see one of these on the field next we play! :)

MTM said:

nuke.jpg

Now that is a really great prop you made there, MTM. We should have a sticky thread where we all have a "Nuke club" and make a bunch of what MTM has shown us. It would be a real hoot. I would think that anyone doing a convention demo or even a store demo should have one of these. It would be a real crowd draw. Imagine someone attending a con and upon visiting the miniatures area and seeing that thing on a tabletop. "What the hell? They're playing with Nukes over there! Now that's a wargame!" :wink: I really do not think many could pull it off like you did imho. Really great effect you made there!

Back