Begining adventures wanted

Captchris

Mongoose
Hey Conan fans! I'm planing on starting a Conan RPG campaign and I'm looking for entry level adventures. I'd like to start the group in the Cimmerian wilderness... perhaps having a player or two come from a village destroyed (raid, natural disaster, strange disease...undecided). Then meet other characters soon after in their wanderings.
Just glancing around the various books I see most adventures are for 4th level characters and up. I was hoping there would be an entry level adventure in the screen (as is pretty common to include) but no luck. Anyone know of a starter adventure that I've overlooked in the various Conan RPG books or maybe a site onlie with an adventure available.
I'm sure some of you are thinking 'Why not just write your own?' Answer: limited time! I'm a retail store owner (a game store of course!) and it keeps me pretty busy. Back before I opened the shop, I would have relished the chance to write my own complex, exciting adventures but now I find I just want to get to the playing as quickly as possible!
Thanks in advance to all for any help!
Captchris

Keeps everything Random. Unless GM does my rolls. Problem with pbp is leaves alot of room for cheating reason upfront I show all my tools.
so GMS know it is all random and done with online rollers.

Neither use a shield one uses two hand weapons Bow/Crossbow other needs hands free to summon his tanker.

Found a better roller than ones above sends rolls to dm/gms email and players so makes it harder for someone to cheat.

http://www.irony.com/mailroll.html

Captchris said:
Hey Conan fans! I'm planing on starting a Conan RPG campaign and I'm looking for entry level adventures. I'd like to start the group in the Cimmerian wilderness... perhaps having a player or two come from a village destroyed (raid, natural disaster, strange disease...undecided). Then meet other characters soon after in their wanderings.
Just glancing around the various books I see most adventures are for 4th level characters and up. I was hoping there would be an entry level adventure in the screen (as is pretty common to include) but no luck. Anyone know of a starter adventure that I've overlooked in the various Conan RPG books or maybe a site onlie with an adventure available.
I'm sure some of you are thinking 'Why not just write your own?' Answer: limited time! I'm a retail store owner (a game store of course!) and it keeps me pretty busy. Back before I opened the shop, I would have relished the chance to write my own complex, exciting adventures but now I find I just want to get to the playing as quickly as possible!
Thanks in advance to all for any help!
Captchris
Hi, while I'm not sure off-hand, I'm going to refer you to the sticky thread Conan.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the 1st page to the list of URLs I made, and under the section Sample Adventures submitted to this forum: are several hyperlinked topics (in this forum) either offering hints, or rough adventures, or fully drawn adventures. One which may be closer to your idea is on Dr. Skull's Conan page [edit: click the Dr. Skull name to immediate left to open the hyperlink to his web page], the first link under Dr. Skull's Original Homebrew Modules: called Cold Blood. It takes place in Hyperborea and is written for 2nd-3rd levels, but no stats are given so if you make the NPCs for your party of 1st level adventurers it should work.

Lastly, I'd like to encourage you to write up a blog of your group's adventures if you have the time, either on this thread or make up a new thread. I know you wrote your time is spare, but anyway I'll add anyone's blog who writes one to the afore-mentioned Conan.com thread. Oh, and if you look at the link for Conan Blogs and Campaign Journals there it opens a web page which links different threads by different groups, so maybe reading what they did can help.

I've submitted an adventure scenario to Mongoose. With any luck they'll get it in S&P within the next year or two.

*crosses fingers*

Back