Been away for a while...

Silent Wolf

Mongoose
Haven't been around in a while, but I was just wondering if the Grandmaster Disciplines were ever released in any official format? The last I had heard they were still something that would happen in the future. Is that still the case or has that future become the past in my absence?

Silent Wolf said:
Haven't been around in a while, but I was just wondering if the Grandmaster Disciplines were ever released in any official format? The last I had heard they were still something that would happen in the future. Is that still the case or has that future become the past in my absence?

Mongoose hasn't published anything of the sort yet, but you can head over to the Tower of the Sun website, where you can see lots of downloads. Of particular interest to you would be the Book of the Magnakai document, in which the GM disciplines are detailed for the RPG.

I do seem to recall hearing about those yes. I think they were even submitted to mongoose weren't they? Was there ever any word to suggest they were anything like "official"? I ask because players and GMs alike, at least those I RP with, won't take kindly to an unsupported internet edition of rules. Particularly if a supplement comes along that defies them.

Silent Wolf said:
Was there ever any word to suggest they were anything like "official"? I ask because players and GMs alike, at least those I RP with, won't take kindly to an unsupported internet edition of rules. Particularly if a supplement comes along that defies them.

there is no news about making the TotS material official, but if ever will be made it will take a LOOOOOONG time since we just got DoD that was scheduled a while ago and there is no new material announcement after the rumored but yet not confirmed Might of Magnamund...

elijah-sabretooth said:
Silent Wolf said:
Was there ever any word to suggest they were anything like "official"? I ask because players and GMs alike, at least those I RP with, won't take kindly to an unsupported internet edition of rules. Particularly if a supplement comes along that defies them.

there is no news about making the TotS material official, but if ever will be made it will take a LOOOOOONG time since we just got DoD that was scheduled a while ago and there is no new material announcement after the rumored but yet not confirmed Might of Magnamund...

I would love to see the Grandmaster rules appear in something like Might of Magnamund. Though I doubt it will be given the time period that the game is initially set in. With the system not getting that much of a confirmed release schedule in the immediate future perhaps a series of articles in Signs and Portents to present a New Order supplement of a sorts? Or some official word about the material submitted at TotS. Anyone from Mongoose want to speculate on any of this?

I would say that epic rules of any sort are a long way off yet. There's so much else to do before we get that far I think. Supplements on countries, more Warrior classes, etc etc.

-GB

Ghost Bear said:
I would say that epic rules of any sort are a long way off yet. There's so much else to do before we get that far I think. Supplements on countries, more Warrior classes, etc etc.

-GB

Given the infrequent nature of the releases I can only hope that you are wrong about that. I just turned 34, I'd like to have those rules before I turn 40 ;) Serious though I see no reason why you can't get your supplements on countries and warrior classes and I can't get my Epic levels. After all, then there shall be jubilation all around :D

Back