Beam stream-Tally

I wish i could get big hits, i must be be the counter balance to all these big hits. I've seen a 18 come up but that was off a 6 AD weapon.

I didn't get that hit. Most I managed all night was 5. My Wife spanked my poor Hermes in round 1. I barely managed to eke out a victory due to paying more attention to the game than she did (she kept getting distracted by Ninja Warrior).

26 hits off of a 6AD Shadow Ship (young). Blew up a battle level ship in one shot.

On the other side, I've missed with all six dice on more then one occasion.

Hey guys was playing with a sunhawk today, nice 2 ad beam, it managed to hit the Brakiri ikorta for 11 hits and skeleton crewed and cripplied it in one :p

well worth it. Opposed to the Brokados which managed to score no beam hits all game. (only real men use beams :wink: )

Less impressivly i got 21 with a 6ad beamthe other day as well.

19 hits from a Vorlon destroyer with 7AD beam. This was the first shot of the game. But I responded with 18 hits from a pair of squadroned Var'nics. After that it was more average.

My omega went beam crazy on locutus. Only scored 2 original hits then went BONKERS. It was funny watchiong his reaction.

Yes indeed :p Out of 2 hits rolled originally the damn thing went on to score 24 hits with its double damage heavy laser. Unfortunately for it, it was something of a waste since it was only firing at a Demos that was already half destroyed :p. Still as anyone who's fought 2nd Ed Centauri will no doubt attest to any dead Demos is a job well done no matter how much 'overkill' it is :p

:? I don't know yet what I have to think of the new beam rules, but everything I see is that they either have a phenonemal number of hits or are likely to miss.

They tend to average out over the course of a game - but one beam roll can be very, very nasty. It is unpleasant when your enemy rolls 57 hits and kills you ship in one shot. It doesn't happen that often, but it can swing a game (much like a 6-6 crit can).

or your opponent only misses once in two games and gets 6 beam hits with his fighter or 3 crits from 4 dice beam hit from a transport - amongst the 20 odd crits - at least 1 good one per shot - it was a sad day for the Shadows............................ :)

Greg Smith said:
They tend to average out over the course of a game - but one beam roll can be very, very nasty. It is unpleasant when your enemy rolls 57 hits and kills you ship in one shot. It doesn't happen that often, but it can swing a game (much like a 6-6 crit can).

Oh yeh it does average that one shot was more than id scored all day out of three games. I had about 3 all misses.

Our group has nothing like the number of hits that some of the posts here have got. 2 into 24 ( suppose 4 ) what are the odds on that.

Usually score about 1.5 times the AD on average in my games, really rare to get huge runs or total misses. Although both happen from time to time.

Iain McGhee said:
Usually score about 1.5 times the AD on average in my games, really rare to get huge runs or total misses. Although both happen from time to time.
I'd love your dice if this really is an average (the real average is exactly 1 hit per AD)

Triggy said:
Iain McGhee said:
I'd love your dice if this really is an average (the real average is exactly 1 hit per AD)
Yes, but only if you don't take the 2nd law of thermodynamics into account :lol:

Burger said:
Triggy said:
Iain McGhee said:
Yes, but only if you don't take the 2nd law of thermodynamics into account :lol:

Stew stays blistering hot for half an hour after it´s been taken out of the pot?

MustEatBrains said:
Burger said:
Triggy said:

Stew stays blistering hot for half an hour after it´s been taken out of the pot?
I guess you could use a blistering hot stew as a fairly good brownian motion generator :lol:

Only if you are trying to make all the undergarments of the hostess jump 1 foot to the left at a party - I presume this is what you referencing - and be careful with the stew - you may get a rather suprised looking whale? :D

Da Boss said:
Only if you are trying to make all the undergarments of the hostess jump 1 foot to the left at a party - I presume this is what you referencing - and be careful with the stew - you may get a rather suprised looking whale? :D

Not again... oh wait, that wasn´t the whale!

Back