Be More Pirate! Sea of Thieves on Pre-Order

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Mongoose Publishing is proud to announce the release of the Sea of Thieves Roleplaying Game. In conjunction with Xbox Game Studios, the Sea of Thieves Roleplaying Game is the only way to Be More Pirate on the tabletop!

sotmainbanner.jpg

Using the new Avast system, we have ensured you will be playing within minutes of opening the box set, setting out on a Voyage designed to introduce both players and Gamesmasters to the Sea of Thieves. You will soon be fighting skeletons, uncovering buried gold, and hunting down a deceitful captain!

The Sea of Thieves Roleplaying Game box set contains three books to get you voyaging quickly, a full set of tokens and cards to help manage your equipment and treasure, eighteen Legendary Dice, Pirate Ledgers to help keep track of your own pirate, and a giant poster map of the Sea of Thieves itself, marking every location that can be visited.

We have even included an exclusive download code to give you Lord Guardian Sails in the Sea of Thieves video game for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

The Sea of Thieves Roleplaying Game is available for pre-order, and you will receive the ebook edition immediately so that you can unleash your inner pirate right away!

You can join the adventure right here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/sea-of-thieves.html

#BeMorePirate #SeaofThievesRPG

Is there a possibility of a quickstart or at least a preview of the system? I’m assuming this is fairly lighthearted like the game.

I would be interested in purchasing the players manual or lore book separately. Mainly the lore book. Is there a timeline for individual book sales?

I understand this is not a realistic sailing game, do not worry about more Traveller vehicle book sail threads :)

Moppy said:
I understand this is not a realistic sailing game, do not worry about more Traveller vehicle book sail threads :)

Correct, while sailing does indeed exist in the interests of game play it's pretty much abstracted and is in no way any sort of a sailing simulation.

Moppy said:
I would be interested in purchasing the players manual or lore book separately. Mainly the lore book. Is there a timeline for individual book sales?

At this time, we are not looking at selling the books individually.

If you would like someone to review the set, I'd be happy to stop by the office some time and pick up a copy :mrgreen:

A friend just pointed out to me that this entire new sub-forum for Sea of Thieves is locked to anyone who isn't registered on the forums. Was this intentional or simply a mistake?

It will be a little while before physical sets come back from print :)

As for the forums, we have had quite the issue with spam posts in the past, so we had to tighten up who can post what and where.

msprange said:
As for the forums, we have had quite the issue with spam posts in the past, so we had to tighten up who can post what and where.

You can't even READ the sea of thieves part without a login - it's not about posting.

You can verify this by using the private or incognito mode in your browser.

msprange said:
Should be fixed now!

You've just done what's seemingly impossible for COTI. Mongoose has pushed back the digital frontiers of Traveller.

Moppy said:
You've just done what's seemingly impossible for COTI. Mongoose has pushed back the digital frontiers of the Traveller product line.

Umm, I just clicked a toggle switch :)

Moppy said:
msprange said:

You can't even READ the sea of thieves part without a login - it's not about posting.

You can verify this by using the private or incognito mode in your browser.

On one forum I moderate I noted down the IPs of offenders and found three individual culprits that were behind 90% of the spam. Since banning those IPs spam levels have dropped drastically.

I also use the StopForumSpam website to check new users/suspect posts.

msprange said:
Moppy said:
You've just done what's seemingly impossible for COTI. Mongoose has pushed back the digital frontiers of the Traveller product line.

Umm, I just clicked a toggle switch :)

Any chance of switching the forums to https, given that certs are free now?

It's not a huge thing since it's just the forums and not the sales cart and it doesn't matter too much if forum credentials leak. However people do re-use credentials across multiple sites (they shouldn't) so a credential leak might also affect that same user on someone else's site, and maybe cause that user to blame the other site.

I understand it migh be difficult or time consuming to implement, so no worries if it's too hard. It's not that important, and right now only niche browsers like Firefox will currently display a message on the login box. But Chrome will start doing it soon.

https://imgur.com/l801oZU (That is what you see when you login here with Firefox)

msprange said:
We will be doing some previews - keep an eye on our front page :)

Any chance with the upcoming previews that we will have the quest card print outs appended to the ePDF as I believe most of us are making our own at this time.
There is only one section, in the first book, Book of Pirates, at the end that mentions the quest rewards, but no cards to print out like the personality ones?
Can you advise on this if all the content is supposed to be with the ePDF that was available with the pre-order for the physical game coming out later this year?

Thanks!

Zipster

msprange said:
Moppy said:
Any chance of switching the forums to https, given that certs are free now?

We are going to be upgrading the forums soon and moving them to the new server!

Could we get something that can do threaded view? Any forum post with mor than about 20 replies is very hard to read on here as the subtopics get mixed together.

Zipster said:
Any chance with the upcoming previews that we will have the quest card print outs appended to the ePDF as I believe most of us are making our own at this time.
There is only one section, in the first book, Book of Pirates, at the end that mentions the quest rewards, but no cards to print out like the personality ones?
Can you advise on this if all the content is supposed to be with the ePDF that was available with the pre-order for the physical game coming out later this year?

If you download the files once more, you should find those cards waiting for you!

msprange said:
Zipster said:

If you download the files once more, you should find those cards waiting for you!

I downloaded it again, from the English (United States) portion of the site and it appears to be the same size for all the content.
If it is different, I am unable to locate which manual or print out holds the printable quest cards?

Thanks!

Back