Balosian Fleet WIP

McKickaha

Mongoose
Here are the first 4 painted ship classes of my pending Balosian fleet.

Sussha Frigate

001-Balosian1.jpg

Esthasa Destroyer & Athasa Scout

Esthasa_Athasa.jpg

Seffensa Class Cruiser - Modelled as the Seffensa itself. Modified Centurian showing battle damage, fresh, repaired & scorch marks.

Seffensa.jpg

Sefensa Close Up of Commander Kanos' personal tribal emblem (from LC's Dilgar War Novel) [supposed to be a sword cutting through a boulder]

Detail.jpg

Finally Top Down View of the Group

BallosianRaiders.jpg

Next on the list a standard Seffensa, a Carrier, a Patrol Boat and an Assault Ship (need to scratchbuild the last one).

Very cool dude, I love the seffensa class cruiser. Are you using the rules (tweeked for 2e) from Rich Bax's First to Fall?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Banichi - Yep - Richard Bax's excellent "Dilgar - First To Fall" 1E tweaked to 2E is indeed the basic stat plan, plus have a mind to add a tweak, either to the unique Seffensa stats, (main reason I added the minor bodywork addition) or maybe spec up Commander Kanos.

Also looking forward to (and scratchbuilding / painting up some fleets towards) the possible future Dilgar War supplement mentioned a couple of months ago.

I made a start here

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34251&highlight=novel

I'll send through stuff I promised asap! :oops:

may help or hinder :)

Outstanding work, really catches the feel of the Balosians being hunters of the space lanes :)

I always saw them as sort of like Native Americans from the movies, Last of the Mohicans for example. very calm and poised, very dedicated and in touch with their environment, yet also extremely skilled combatants and powerful warriors.
These ships are remarkable detailed work :D

Also if there is a fan made Dilgar Supplement in the works, I'd be glad to help on any fluff or character segments which may be required to fill space between battle scenarios ;)

Nice looking ships you've got there.

@Da Boss - interesting stuff there, although I doubt Commander Sinclair is old enough to have seen combat in the Dilgar War at least not at the same rank as he had at the beginning of the series... "I haven't been promoted in nearly thirty years of service? I'm outer here!"

Admittedly I haven't read LC story so I may be missing something...

Nick

captainsmirk said:
Nice looking ships you've got there.

@Da Boss - interesting stuff there, although I doubt Commander Sinclair is old enough to have seen combat in the Dilgar War at least not at the same rank as he had at the beginning of the series... "I haven't been promoted in nearly thirty years of service? I'm outer here!"

Admittedly I haven't read LC story so I may be missing something...

Nick

best read it then :p - well worth the time :) I'll just say that many peoples parents are in the book...........

Back