Badger class Starfury

Hey, thanks for sharing, Matt. It still looks great even after the "gamma srew up". As I have a short memory, can you remind me on which episode it appeared ? Was it "The voice of the Resistance" ?

Not bad pics.

A Badger differs from a Starfury due to the aft-facing Navigator and it's ability to carry missles.

it`s from the series 1, two parter "A Voice In The Wilderness".

looks like the screen capture is just at the start of the second part, when it leaves the Hyperion and heads in to dock with B5.

good episode. :)

A Badger differs from a Starfury due to the aft-facing Navigator and it's ability to carry missles.

the Badger navigator can also use the rear firing guns.

some starfuries can also carry missiles, as seen in the b5 movie "Thirdspace", during an engagement at the start of the film we see them being used in a battle with raider Delta Vs. 8)

jal said:
it`s from the series 1, two parter "A Voice In The Wilderness".

looks like the screen capture is just at the start of the second part, when it leaves the Hyperion and heads in to dock with B5.

good episode. :)

Yup, that's where it's from. If you look closely, there also appear to be some significantly larger guns under the front cockpit. Never noticed those before, actually.

Matt

ronbogard said:
Check the Earth Alliance factbook.

oh :oops:
Never thought to look there :)
Then again, I'm at work at the moment so I realy don't have ready access to my collection of books :lol:

slingbld wrote:
oh
Never thought to look there
Then again, I'm at work at the moment so I realy don't have ready access to my collection of books
Thats all right one of the guys in my gaming group has my copy so I could not even give you a page number for it.

ronbogard said:
slingbld wrote:
oh
Then again, I'm at work at the moment so I realy don't have ready access to my collection of books
Thats all right one of the guys in my gaming group has my copy so I could not even give you a page number for it.

Pg 139.

BTW, I put one more collection of caps up at http://groups.msn.com/Mattsmodelstuffandreference/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=32 I was only able to find this one other shot of the Badger in the episode. I think that with these two series of caps you might have every official sighting of the Badger. Please forward donations to. . .

:D

Matt

nitflegal said:
ronbogard said:
slingbld wrote:
oh

Pg 139.

BTW, I put one more collection of caps up at http://groups.msn.com/Mattsmodelstuffandreference/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=32 I was only able to find this one other shot of the Badger in the episode. I think that with these two series of caps you might have every official sighting of the Badger. Please forward donations to. . .

:D

Matt

BTW, I put up those two sets of pics again with the gamma seriously lightened. You can see some more details of the rear cockpit, the two missiles on each wing, and the big honking new double cannon underneath the front cockpit.

Matt

No it wouldn't.
Just frag a few cars & park on top of the wreckage :twisted:

'Course you would have some explaining to do when the owners of said cars showed up & found your space superiority fighter sitting on top of what used to be there cars...... :roll:

slingbld said:
No it wouldn't.
Just frag a few cars & park on top of the wreckage :twisted:

'Course you would have some explaining to do when the owners of said cars showed up & found your space superiority fighter sitting on top of what used to be there cars...... :roll:

You'd have a bit of trouble parking a Badger anywhere on planet, cars or not. Badgers are incapable of atmospheric flight. The first production model of Starfury capable of atmospheric flight was the Thunderbolt, first seen (I think) in the episode "Severed Dreams" in season 3 when a couple of them bomb a dome on Mars. Babylon 5 inherits some Thunderbolts after the battle for its secession and in a later episode "Ship of Tears" Sheridan is being checked out on the Thunderbolt. This is where we hear about it being the first atmospheric capable Starfury.

Sometimes I worry about my ability to retain more information about fiction than real life but it passes . . . :wink:

lastbesthope said:
You'd have a bit of trouble parking a Badger anywhere on planet, cars or not. Badgers are incapable of atmospheric flight.

Now that's funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greg Smith said:
lastbesthope said:
You'd have a bit of trouble parking a Badger anywhere on planet, cars or not. Badgers are incapable of atmospheric flight.

Now that's funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Greg, I just got what you meant by that. I suppose it is funny if you take it that way. D'oh! :wink:

Greg Smith said:
lastbesthope said:

Don't bother me with such things as physics!! :shock: :D

Back