Babylon 5 Traveller

towerwarlock

Mongoose
Does anyone know if Babylon 5 Traveller has hit any of the local gaming stores yet? I am trying to get it, but so far no luck, they say still on preorder.

towerwarlock said:
Does anyone know if Babylon 5 Traveller has hit any of the local gaming stores yet? I am trying to get it, but so far no luck, they say still on preorder.

Even if someone did it may not be local to you. Might want to mention what area you are in...

I am in San Antonio, TX but I buy alot of my rpg's online. I figure that if someone in the U.S. has been able to get it through a game store that I should be able to pick it up from online soon.

I pre-ordered a copy from Amazon. They do not show it available yet.

I don't think it has crossed the pond yet.

For those who have received their copy:

What's your opinion about the personal weapons?

Does it seem to model them reasonably (for example, the PPG)?

Is there anything you think is missing?

Does it introduce any new armor, or does it refer back to armor in the core Traveller rules (or in Mercenary, for that matter)?

Does the B5 Traveller book contain deckplans and/or write ups of the various capital ships? The bulletin mentions Starfuries but not capital ships. Thanks!

TA

It doesn't have any of the true capital ships from the show. It does have an EAS Frigate that is a couple of thousand Dtons.

No Whitestars, no Destroyers, no Narn Cruisers though. Those are supposed to be in the B5 Ships book.

Rikki Tikki Traveller said:
It doesn't have any of the true capital ships from the show. It does have an EAS Frigate that is a couple of thousand Dtons.

No Whitestars, no Destroyers, no Narn Cruisers though. Those are supposed to be in the B5 Ships book.

Right on, I might wait for the B5 Ships book then. I really like the EA ships, the blockiness, the "ugliness" of them. Very functional looking.

You might want to check out this thread:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38662

Which lists the ships i the Ships book as posted on Planet Mongoose.

LBH

I've jsut gotten my copy of Travellon 5 (unintentionally coined, but now here to stay), and the PPG damage seems pretty sane considering what PPG's were like on the show (and lets be honest, you are firing a charged Plasma Packet at flesh and blood).

Got the book today and it is pretty good but I have some questions:

1.) Can we get a list of what skills in Traveller are not used in B5 and what the replacements, if any, might be?

2.) There seemed to be some kind of experience point system referenced in the early going in Legacy of War in S&P that is not evident in the main book. Was this cut and will be see it in some form later on?

Allen

my amazon order got delayed twice
i am actually thinking of cancelling it as it got not so positive reviews on rpg.net

charonsg said:
my amazon order got delayed twice
i am actually thinking of cancelling it as it got not so positive reviews on rpg.net

I can't speak for RPG.net, but I think it is a good book for B5 fans. It just has some glaring errata and some minor issues. It is an introductory book. It shows you how to set your game in the B5 universe, but it doesn't give a lot of detail. I plan on picking up the Mongoose D20 books for the fluff of the setting.

those of u who got the mongoose d20 babylon 5 and the traveller babylon 5, what are their strengths and weaknesses relative to each other beside the system and production graphics.
i prefer the traveller system to d20, alhough when playing traveller, i use the point buy mechanics in the book instead of random career creation as my gaming buddies arent found of randomness.
The production graphics in the traveller b5 has been mnetioned by other people on the forums so i dont want to go into it again.
we need the d20 b5 for the fluff? i was hoping this book will outdo the d20 b5. i wish i didnt have to also buy the d20 b5 , checked amazon, it is still being sold on it. faith manages

Back