Babylon 5: the video game

BEnny

Mongoose
is there a video game from babylon 5 ?

I saw some screenshot on the net but nothing else ....

BEnny

BEnny said:

BEnny

Sierra was originally making a B5 game where you flew a Starfury into combat. It looked real exciting up until a new batch of Sierra executives cancelled the game. Some of the developers who worked on the game kept plugging away at it. As I understand it, they bought the rights from Sierra and it was finally released on the site, http://ifh.firstones.com/.

I haven't had time to learn how to play it well, but the one mission I tried showed me that it is as close as you can get to a 'Fury cockpit in the 21st century.

Kizarvexis

There was a mod for the strategy game startrek armada II which was a Babylon 5 mod came. They put in EA, Centauri, Minbari, Narn and the League as well as ISA with Shadows and Vorlons for extra coolness. It was quite impressive and they changed certain characteristics like making the weapons not as accurate as they were in the trek version. Thats the only other game I know of that is somewhat B5 though its a mod not a game as such.

thanks for the answers, do you know where i could download the babylon 5 mod for startrek armada II ?

BEnny who is dreaming to play the blackstar

Kizarvexis said:
BEnny said:

BEnny

Sierra was originally making a B5 game where you flew a Starfury into combat. It looked real exciting up until a new batch of Sierra executives cancelled the game. Some of the developers who worked on the game kept plugging away at it. As I understand it, they bought the rights from Sierra and it was finally released on the site, http://ifh.firstones.com/.

I haven't had time to learn how to play it well, but the one mission I tried showed me that it is as close as you can get to a 'Fury cockpit in the 21st century.

Kizarvexis
Babylon 5: I've found her is very good. Very realistic, nice textures, real physics etc.

Reborn said:
Babylon 5: I've found her is very good. Very realistic, nice textures, real physics etc.

I remember playing it a year or so ago. Was quite impressed at the job that they'd done, although I found navigating in hyperspace 'interesting' (i.e. a complete pain).

Chobbly

BEnny said:
thanks for the answers, do you know where i could download the babylon 5 mod for startrek armada II ?

BEnny who is dreaming to play the blackstar

The official webpage of the developers went offline quite a while ago, as far as I recall - you could try to google it!?

Its been a while since I have gone to the place, they used to have their own site for the mod but it went down after the game was completed. But this is what I found off google.

http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Babylon_5_Armada_II;20790

I played it myself and found it quite good. If you want to play a strategy game with B5 ships then this mod is good. Hope that helps.

This one is essentially a reworking of Conflict Freespace 2 (probably one of the best spacesims of all time ever) it started off as a mod but is now actually a standalone piece of software, but it looks cool, the only issues are things like 1)B5 ships are a bit fragile for the basic program *blast from torpedoes can wreck you so quick* / the game can be unforgiving, and 2) the basic end of mission in the program is to 'jump' but they try to explain that by having a nearby capital ship 'open a point for you'

that said it is really cool with 2 campaigns around one Earth minbari war the other raider wars set around second season,

Check it out here
http://www.hard-light.net/hosted/babylon/index.php

You know what would be great? A Babylon 5 mod for Freelancer! It encapsulates the whole trading thing but you could also do missions etc.

Reborn said:
You know what would be great? A Babylon 5 mod for Freelancer! It encapsulates the whole trading thing but you could also do missions etc.

That would be really nice, I've played Freelancer and liked it a lot. I wonder if it would be difficult to create the ships of B5 in Freelancer?

Tegman said:
Reborn said:

That would be really nice, I've played Freelancer and liked it a lot. I wonder if it would be difficult to create the ships of B5 in Freelancer?
I'm sure it would be, horribly difficult. :?

I've heard of a B5 Mod for Freespace 1/2. Freespace had alot of stuff similar to B5, jump points excetera. Unfortunately i don't know anything else about it, other than reading about it sometime/somewere on the net :lol:

What was sad about the Sierra B5 game was the fact that specific footage was shot of Delenn, Sheridan, Lochley etc for the game.

Now lost to the mists of time.... :(

Chobbly

Back