Asimov class stats?

EricRoss

Mongoose
does any one know where I can find the stats on the Asimov class starship pictured on page 107 of the Earth Alliance Factbook. It looks remarkably similar to the PsiCorps Mothership so I would think the stats would be similar. The name Asimov would seem to indicate that the ship might have a scientific or exploratory role, but other then that I am stumped.

EricRoss said:
does any one know where I can find the stats on the Asimov class starship pictured on page 107 of the Earth Alliance Factbook. It looks remarkably similar to the PsiCorps Mothership so I would think the stats would be similar. The name Asimov would seem to indicate that the ship might have a scientific or exploratory role, but other then that I am stumped.

The Asimov class is a commercial liner (the big round one we see near B5 a lot, and the one that took Franklin and Marcus to Mars in season 4).

I think we already have stats for it in the main rule book as it's a season one unit, but it is very lightly armed (4 Particle Beams I think).

I think I found the ship stats. Your identifying it as a liner helped since they do not give the class name and just call it a "Space Liner, Earth Alliance". Thanks for the help.

Is 'Asimov' actually the class name? From the announcements I can remember from the series I think it's just the name of a particular liner that travels to and from B5 on some regular route. Offhand, I think Tu'Pari leaves on it when fleeing from Thenta Makur retribution.

The only time I have seen it at all is in a picture in the Earth Alliance Factbook with the name 'Asimov' next to the picture.

The Asimov is a specific liner, it's just the one that's around B5 the most. Some sources use the name for the class, as people used Hyperion for Earth Force's Heavy Cruiser class. It's just that Hyperion has stuck in people's minds, and become almost canon (or possibly truly canon, JMS may have said it somewhere).

The Psi Corps mothership is indeed a refit of that design. I ramble on about it in the Psi Corps book (I think I called it the Asimov there too).

Nope, you refer to them as Bradbury-lambda (or Bradbury-psi).
Psi-Corps Mothership, listed in Psi-Corps book P.112 is a Colossal III spacecraft, same stats as the listing in EA book P. 141

EA Space Liner, Main book (1st printing) P.96 is a Colossal V spacecraft.

Enlightened Bystander said:
It's just that Hyperion has stuck in people's minds, and become almost canon (or possibly truly canon, JMS may have said it somewhere).

It is canon. AoG wanted to call the class something else (Lexington I think, and that was in the early playtest versions), but Warners nixed that and said it was Hyperion.

Asimov... dunno, I'd prefer Bradbury though :)

Mongoose Gar said:
i'mtiredandiwasataconallweekendstoplookingatmelikethatleavemealone.

Sorry Gar, I wasn't trying to get at you, I was just posting the information up for all to consider.

As an addendum to what I said, the ships al;l look the same, the different sizes I reckon are just a scaling thing. Same design but 40% (or whatever) bigger.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
As an addendum to what I said, the ships al;l look the same, the different sizes I reckon are just a scaling thing. Same design but 40% (or whatever) bigger.
LBH

Seething Ship Designer
Oh my god! You fools! I clearly stated FEET on the plans! Not METRES!!! Just look at this command chair! The captain is going to need a stepladder to get into it!!!
Oh... no... please tell me you didn't make the same mistake when you added the toilets.... :shock:

mthomason said:
Seething Ship Designer
Oh my god! You fools! I clearly stated FEET on the plans! Not METRES!!! Just look at this command chair! The captain is going to need a stepladder to get into it!!!
Oh... no... please tell me you didn't make the same mistake when you added the toilets.... :shock:

"Naw problem mateyboy, you justa got youselves a jacuzzi deck fora free, init?"

Eomer said:
a Harry Enfield fan i take it :?: :lol:

A little bit - I think I've been watching far too many property development programmes lately; A lot of the buildrs in those could have been played by Mr Enfield...

Back