Arrested model in a campaign

shiba-tenchi

Mongoose
So, what happens to a gang member that was arrested during a campaign game? Returned in end phase? Gone for good? Needs to be bailed out?

As I understand it, you make the same roll for an arrested minion as you would for a wounded one. So on a 1-3 the model is lost (in this case doing serious time in the iso-cubes rather than a casualty) and on a 4+ you get them back (got off with a fine or minor cube-time).

I'm not sure how you handle judges that have been arrested by Cal.

Since you roll an injury roll as normal for arrested models, do the judges who made the arrests get XP for the arrest made just as if they've killed the model? And in that same thought, Would Cal get the correct level XP for arresting a Hero Judge?

1XP for a successful arrest seems fair (since we're talking minions). Again, not sure about Cal, I'm tempted to say that getting multiple XP for passing one contested will check seems generous, but then you'd get the same for a lucky critical hit with a high damage weapon so I guess it's fine.

chaoschild said:
As I understand it, you make the same roll for an arrested minion as you would for a wounded one. So on a 1-3 the model is lost (in this case doing serious time in the iso-cubes rather than a casualty) and on a 4+ you get them back (got off with a fine or minor cube-time).

That's not reflected in the rules. There's no mention of what to do for arrested models in the campaign section (it does suggest that a minion who fails its injury roll "might be arrested"). Similarly no mention of what to do with them in the section of arrests either.

chaoschild said:
1XP for a successful arrest seems fair (since we're talking minions). Again, not sure about Cal, I'm tempted to say that getting multiple XP for passing one contested will check seems generous, but then you'd get the same for a lucky critical hit with a high damage weapon so I guess it's fine.

Honestly I like the idea of Judges getting XP for Arrests. As you state, theres not really a difference between a contested will check, and a critical shot. I mean I've had Mean Angel put out 14+ damage in one go at a time, and that will make a model just as dead.

shiba-tenchi said:
chaoschild said:

That's not reflected in the rules. There's no mention of what to do for arrested models in the campaign section (it does suggest that a minion who fails its injury roll "might be arrested"). Similarly no mention of what to do with them in the section of arrests either.
There's also nothing in the rules to state that you need to roll after the game for minions that fail a Will to Fight test, except for the +2 modifier you get on the roll. I've always understood that any model removed from the table before the end of the fight is treated as a casualty.

Winged_Human said:
Honestly I like the idea of Judges getting XP for Arrests. As you state, theres not really a difference between a contested will check, and a critical shot.

The big difference is armour. And cover. A minion in reasonable armour and cover is very difficult to kill. But easy to arrest.

That said, Judges do have to get close and can't shoot first. So an xp for arresting a minion would be ok, IMHO.

Back