Argos and Zingara

VincentDarlage said:
What kind of info are you looking for?

Man! That’s why I love this forum! :D

Is there information on the crime/pirate organizations? Merchant houses?
Are details on Tortage (did I get the name right?) included
Anything specific on Pict/Zingaran relations?
Is there a adventure/scenario included in the book? (like in across thunder river)

:)

Belkregos said:
Is there information on the crime/pirate organizations? Merchant houses?

Yes.

Belkregos said:
Are details on Tortage (did I get the name right?) included

Yes.

Belkregos said:
Anything specific on Pict/Zingaran relations?

Not that I recall, beyond a few mentions of trading/raiding.

Belkregos said:
Is there a adventure/scenario included in the book? (like in across thunder river) :)

No.

Keep in mind that I haven't seen the final edit yet, but it is essentially in the same format as Aquilonia and Stygia.

Well the picture and info about the book as been released in the site...
I love the painting of the cover...

Ohh well there is this thing that bothers me, in its description it mentions lots about Argos, and nothing about Zingara...

Zingara was never described in great detail by Howard (At least not that i know of), so Vincent Darlage must have also used historical and Pastiche Material.

In his work with Aquilonia he did a great job so i can only wait the same for this one (I still have to read Stygia).

I hope that it solves my problem, giving me more details over the Zingarian civil war.

I have just one question, did howard ever describe "Rapier wielding Zingarians"?

Argos & Zingara
cnargoszingara.jpg

I just finished reading the religious festivals of Stygia, and am very happy with it so far, adding to my initial thumbing through the contents favorable impression. While I'd be interested in Zingara like Castel, and am unsure from the (current) product description page about content for that nation, I have been suitably impressed with Vincent's work so far so am confident and content in his ability. Hopefully by now the new Mongoose folks in charge of the Conan line are all set in place and we'll have no more missing gaps between the writer's submitted material and what's found in the printed products. :lol:

Castel said:
Ohh well there is this thing that bothers me, in its description it mentions lots about Argos, and nothing about Zingara...

As I wrote it, the book is fairly evenly split between information about Zingara and Argos.

I'm glad that it is one book, seems like it would be a stretch to make it two separate ones. I can see the same happening for (1) the Black Kingdoms, (2) the North (Cimmeria up), and (3) the lands east of the Vilayet Sea as well...

Love, love, love the cover. :D Mr. Quilliams, you rock!

1) I think a single regional book on Cimmeria, Nordheim and Hyperborea would rule! More info on those big, nasty Viking-types if you please!
And those "witch-men" must be renamed warlocks once and for all. :roll: LOL
Some environmental ideas about surviving in the arctic weather would be nice...that is, to add more details given in Hyboria's Fiercest. And useful advice on how to catch and woo those hot daughter's of frost-bearded Ymir. ...deckplans for Vanir dragon-ships.....pit-fighting in Skaun (sp?)...

2) Another on Hyrkania/Turan.

3) Vendhya/Kambuja and the Himelian peoples.

4) Khitai, Lemuria, and other far eastern lands.

Back