Any chance of an OGL Anime?

skalvar said:
More than you might think, less than you might hope.

Shannon
Mongoose Writing Slave

A Lodoss Wars RPG would be nice or better yet a Warlands (Image/Top Cow) RPG would be awesome.

hmm, there is a d20 mecha book out there, dont recall who prints them at the moment tho. allso, the biggest thing about anime is the drawing style, other then that its often quite thesame consepts that you find allready, fantasy, sci-fi. cyberpunk, kids with insane martial art skills and powers (alltho i dont know of a d20 book that covers that). so unless your looking for books tied specificly to a anime/manga series then you most likely can pick up any set of d20 books and replace the artwork to get a anime feel...

edit: go fig, the people beind d20 mecha re allso the ones behind besm (and its d20 offshot)...

In case you didn't know, Guardians of Order have published a BESM d20 game book. It is not a very big book (maybe 120 pages), but the quality makes it worthwhile. My roommate owns a copy, and it is a "quite nice" book. It probably is my fav. GoO book as of yet.

Golem2176 said:
Just curious, adgramaine. Do you like restating what has already been said?

Is there an echo in here?
Sorry,
this page loaded with errors when I first read it. I didn't realize what had happened until I saw your response to my posting... I hate my IP sometimes....

Golem2176 said:
Oh yeah, the mecha book is done by GoO as well.

so i discoverd, alltho i didnt state it clearly. check my edit...
hmm, personaly i wonder how d20 mecha will work combined with ogl cybernet as it seems to be a very flexible way to build vehicles. maybe ill pick up besmd20 to someday. why the hell am i shoping so many d20 books these days? i was all against the ogl idea when it started as i belived it to be destructive to the game market, perhaps i compared it to mutch to gurps...

hobgoblin said:
Golem2176 said:
Oh yeah, the mecha book is done by GoO as well.

so i discoverd, alltho i didnt state it clearly. check my edit...
hmm, personaly i wonder how d20 mecha will work combined with ogl cybernet as it seems to be a very flexible way to build vehicles. maybe ill pick up besmd20 to someday. why the hell am i shoping so many d20 books these days? i was all against the ogl idea when it started as i belived it to be destructive to the game market, perhaps i compared it to mutch to gurps...

I got the Stingy Gamers version of BESM d20 in order to check it out and I quite like it, though could hardly complain for the £4 it cost me from amazon. It doesnt contain the Mecha rules but you can get the SRD for those anyway free from GOO. I imagine ill definitely be investing in the new Revised BESMd20 HC they have planned (that will include the mech rules).

Well...one serious entry into the field does not bar Mongoose participation. Mind you, it does mean floating the proposal will take more effort.

RE: Lodoss War
<twitch> That, along with Three Kingdoms, would be my favourite fantasy anime of all time. Why I didn't think of pitching the IP as well as an OGL Anime book...

Shannon
Mongoose Writing Slave

Back