Annoyingly 'Cute' or 'Funny' RPG Races

Most Annoying 'Cute' or 'Funny' RPG Race?

• Duck [RQ]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferengi [Star Trek]

• Gnome [generic]

• Gully Dwarf/Kender/Tinker Gnome [Dragonlance]

• Gungan [Star Wars]

• Hobbit/Halfling [generic]

• Snotling [Warhammer]

• Trid [Jorune]

• Windling [Earthdawn]

• Other [please specify]

• Total voters
DerLautrer said:
"Duck Vader" :twisted:

I was tempted once to write a fantasy story in which the greatest menace the world had ever known was Kvack, the Duck Lord. Nation after nation was to fall under his webbed heel, all the while complaining "Lovely -- we've just been conquered by poultry."

The hero was a young wizard who had a falling out with the Guild over their choice to pick "the winning side" -- aka Kvack.

Kvack himself would in RuneQuest terms be a truly formidable leader and tactician with powerful defensive magic -- including some spells that are too potent for the current Rune Magic rules.

Michael Hopcroft said:
DerLautrer said:
"Duck Vader" :twisted:

I was tempted once to write a fantasy story in which the greatest menace the world had ever known was Kvack, the Duck Lord. Nation after nation was to fall under his webbed heel, all the while complaining "Lovely -- we've just been conquered by poultry."

The hero was a young wizard who had a falling out with the Guild over their choice to pick "the winning side" -- aka Kvack.

Kvack himself would in RuneQuest terms be a truly formidable leader and tactician with powerful defensive magic -- including some spells that are too potent for the current Rune Magic rules.

Someones put a little too much thought into this haven't they?

Well I suppose it's better than putting in a poultry amount.

My personal super villains is a ghoul superior trollkin. Nobody take any notice of him...

My personal hate, Kender and Ewoks. Without Ewoks we would never have had Gungans :D

How good would that be?

Such plucky repartee... and that villain, just so ducky a fellow...

As for kender: Give them curse boots of bounding, and a hall with +1 Walls...

Gungans are the most reviled race in Sci-Fi. Ducks,on the other hand, are one of the most beloved by role-players. Ducks are dark, tragic, misunderstood, cursed and the most loyal friends anyone could ever wish for.

Sgt. Brassones said:
Ducks are dark, tragic, misunderstood, cursed and the most loyal friends anyone could ever wish for.

Definitely agreed; I was a duck-hater too (e.g., the Master of Quack Fu... c'mon!) until I learned of how great they were to the Kingdom of Sartar (especially vs. Delecti and his Upland Marsh), their dedication to Orlanthi, and the suffering they've endured at the hands of the Lunars and others. And... Humakti ducks rule!

[their comic relief potential at times, however, can still be quite high]

homerjsinnott said:
My personal hate, Kender and Ewoks. Without Ewoks we would never have had Gungans :D
Yes, it's unfortunate that Ewoks are missing on the poll. They'd get my vote, too.

Turloigh said:
homerjsinnott said:
Yes, it's unfortunate that Ewoks are missing on the poll. They'd get my vote, too.

Can we vote for Hayden Christensen as Anakin? He's worse than both IMHO.

Rurik said:
Turloigh said:
homerjsinnott said:

Can we vote for Hayden Christensen as Anakin? He's worse than both IMHO.

Anything from the prequels is annoying. :x

IMHO there was only one Stars Wars movie and it was called 'Star Wars' in 1977. No 'New Hope' or anything else. [Though it had an excellent sequel in 'The Empire Strikes Back' :D ]

Has anyone picked humans yet?

THey always seem to be involved with all the bad stuff somehwere along the line.

Darran said:

IMHO there was only one Stars Wars movie and it was called 'Star Wars' in 1977. No 'New Hope' or anything else. [Though it had an excellent sequel in 'The Empire Strikes Back' :D ]

I'm pretty much with you on that one.

To bad Lucas destroyed Vaders coolness by turning him into a whiney b*tch.

Prootwaddles! God that was annoying when a player insisted on playing one. If you want to know the game, look it up! :twisted:

I like ducks though. I thought Gladstone, from RQ3 Griffin Island, was well done.

There was also Toby and Herman Greenfeather. Humakti Duck brothers. They also had three nephews. Hubert, Lewis and Dwayne.

mthomason said:
I voted for the hated Gungans as well...

Same here.

I for one don't understand the ongoing hate for the Gloranthan ducks that some folks seem to harbor, but then I don't understand why people DON'T hate kender-OCD, ADD halflings? with ponytails? Sounds like a case for justifiable homicide to me...

Rurik said:
Darran said:

I'm pretty much with you on that one.

To bad Lucas destroyed Vaders coolness by turning him into a whiney b*tch.

You ain't kidding, brutha. You ain't kidding...

I voted gungan as well, i just hate the next step in ewok evolution!! :evil:

on the other hand i fear ducks!! evil ducks--really sucks!!
:lol:
:oops: :oops: could not resist...

Back