AM I DAFT OR.....

slingbld

Mongoose
Has everyone BUT me seen this!!

No Surrender said:
The last three chapters of the book contain specific rules information for the Babylon 5 RPG, including new equipment, prestige classes and some new ships (including the Warlock Class cruiser)
:shock: :shock: :D

Um, My droolers have just kicked into overdrive!!!!

Slingbld~

Eryx said:
Sweet! :D

Can we get a picture to go with it? I have no idea what it looks like.

It was seen in A Call to Arms and Crusade. Don't think it was ever seen in the actual B5 show proper, as the Warlock class, and the captaining of one of them, became the Ivanova trap-door. Might be wrong though.... (as always :wink:)

Try here for some official (and fan rendered shots) of the mighty Warlock:
http://warlock.isnnews.net/pics/index.html. There are also a few fleeting shots from 'A Call to Arms'.

Chobbly

you know something I think i remember seeing a few of them in the distance in the TV movie A Call to Arms.... but never new what they where ither... now i know.. and I want one... aww hell I want a few thousand...... so thanks...

So I'm not so daft after all :)

After all this time seeing fan sites post "rumor" styled info for this baby, it will be nice to see "cannon" statistical info!!

Yeah it will be nice to see stats for the Warlock.

And slingbld, it looks like your right but your still daft anyway, part of the miracle of these boards. :wink:

LoneStranger said:
Yeah it will be nice to see stats for the Warlock.

I know :)

LoneStranger said:
And slingbld, it looks like your right but your still daft anyway, part of the miracle of these boards. :wink:
:shock: :shock: :evil:

I will get even, oh yes! I will.... Er who am I kiddin'.... :lol:

umm sling how would you get even with someone that is just statn the truth.. thats what im wondering.....

but the truth is id have to say the Warlock class would hve to be more kickass then the Excalaber is.... because as soon as the Excalaber class fires its main weapon its vulnerable to anything else there and the Warlock isnt..... but i cant wait to see its stats

CARTMAG said:
but the truth is id have to say the Warlock class would hve to be more kickass then the Excalaber is.... because as soon as the Excalaber class fires its main weapon its vulnerable to anything else there and the Warlock isnt..... but i cant wait to see its stats

True, but I'm betting that the Warlock doesn't have abblative armour. Its going to pack a hefty punch no doubt, but its hull is going to be just as simple to cut through as a regular EA destroyer.

CARTMAG said:
umm sling how would you get even with someone that is just statn the truth.. thats what im wondering.....

People always seem to forgot that the Excalibur has a lot of guns, just like any other battleship, not just the big one. It can hold it's own without the main gun.

Even without the 'BIG GUN' the Excalibur still had three heavy weapon systems in the nose. They are probably somewhere between the Improved Neutron Lasers of the White Stars and the Lightning Cannons the Vorlons use. They tended to rip things up just fine. They also had numerous secondary systems to include Improved Interceptors to further increase the defensive capabilities granted by the ship's adaptive armor. As well the ship may very well have self repair systems on board like the command variant of the White Stars. Add to this Minbari level sensors and maybe even their jammers and you get one hell of a nasty ship.

As for the Warlock, well, it has more than likely gained the gravitic drive (maybe). It looks as if it has missiles, Laser-Plasma arrays, Heavy Energy Weapons in the nose, and the EarthForce's ever present Interceptors.

Both have fighters.

For me, the Victory Class (Excalibur) would be able to whoop the living hell out of the Warlock.

Actually I think the Warlock would have a better chance of winning. If the guy in the Warlock fires his main gun he then has this "oh crap we're at minimum power levels for a minute" mode it goes into. However with some skillful maneuvering the Warlock could positiion itself broadside of the Excalibur and Alpha Strike* into it, that would hurt.

*An Alpha Strike, for those that don't know, is when you fire off all your weapons in the facing arc at the opposing unit.

(Sorry if this seems slightly incoherent or stupid, it's the end of a long day when I wrote this.)

You only have one problem with that, the clever maneuvering part. Earthforce ships are inherently UNmaneuverable, and despite the possibility of the gravitic drive I don't think the Warlock will be any different. As such I think the Excalibur would be the best choice. Besides, have you seen the Excalibur miss when it fired the 'BIG GUN'? I haven't.

think about this there is only 1 Victory class and there are a few hundred of the Warlock classes... remember the Victory yards and all of its information where distoried and i belive they lost the plans for the Victory aswell... soo id rather have a Warlock do to the fact that it wouldnt be just 1 Warlock verson the Victory anyway.... and Dag when did the Victory ever have fighters??? i dont remember ever seeing fighters... but I might be wrong..

CARTMAG said:
think about this there is only 1 Victory class and there are a few hundred of the Warlock classes... remember the Victory yards and all of its information where distoried and i belive they lost the plans for the Victory aswell... soo id rather have a Warlock do to the fact that it wouldnt be just 1 Warlock verson the Victory anyway.... and Dag when did the Victory ever have fighters??? i dont remember ever seeing fighters... but I might be wrong..

Well if you bring uperior numbers into it any type of ship can beat any other kind of ship. I mean enough Starfuries could take down a Warlock. not that I reckon the survival odds would be good for the Fury pilots mind!

And I'm sure we see the Excalibur launching fighters and having fighters in it's launch bays as we see shuttles and Galen's pinnace arriving/leaving in episodes of Crusade.

Lastbesthope

"Who do you serve and who do you trust?"
"I don't know."
"Then i will go with you."

I dont remember ever seeing Excalaber letting out fighters... I dont belive she has the crew compliment for them..... and truth be told all you have to do is decoy the Excalaber with something large enough and nasty enough for them to fire the main gun... and then attack at that specific time.... because one that gun is fired the Excalaber is a sitting duck.... truthfully in the end it wouldnt be that hard of a ship to destroy

In Crusade we see the Excaliber launching Starfuries and Thunderbolts, at least a couple of squadrons of each-ish.

There is the strange drop-down carousel that holds about 6 T-bolts and the main hanger which holds the rest and at least 2 shuttles and Galen's ship.

As to which is stronger - Excaliber wins. She is bigger, faster, built with higher tech, and in the battle against the Drak in A Call to Arms Sheridan tells the Earth it is the Excaliber that has the best chance of destroying the Death Cloud, and the EF ships (including Warlocks) were to clear his path to engage it. Surely if the Warlock was more pwerful it would have been the other way around?

Just my 0.02 cr worth..

DW

Back