Al Qadim / Arabian Nights

Imajica

Mongoose
Well, if Mongoose isn't doing this, I'll find the time somehow!

I was digging through my old TSR stuff over the weekend and then lost the whole of Sunday just reading through the Al Qadim stuff. Going to have to pull some players together and try this with the MRQ rules...

For those who don't remember, Al Qadim was TSR's Arabian Adventures - genies, cities of brass, scimitars, flying carpets, all-round swashbukling adventures. Much fun had by all! It only started to pall for me in one of the last supplements when they crowbarred Zakhara (the land in which the adventures were set) onto a corner of the Forgotten Realms setting.

So can we have that in the new year, please?

Definitely the best setting for DnD I ever played. There is always something appealing about Arabian Nights stuff.

Arabian Nights / Al Qadim certainly rank up there amongst my favourites as far as settings are concerned. I just love the idea of more exotic RPG settings, rather than pseudo-medieval which is the mainstay of many gaming groups (ie: the default D&D setting)

I think there is already some Al Qadim (non official) rules for DD3.5, including a big netbook. 8)

Back