[Agoe of Dreadnoughts] Firing arc confusion

verdantgreen

Mongoose
The firing arc descriptions on page 9 don't seem to line up with diagram on page 8 of Age of Dreadnoughts.

(1) Fore/Aft are described as 270-degree (135x2) arcs centered on the appropriate direction. The diagram suggests that Fore and Aft should be 90-degree arcs, like Port and Starboard.

(2) Port and Starboard Wings are described as 30-degree (15x2) arcs centered on their appropriate sides, but the diagram shows 60-degree arcs.

(3) The "half-AD" segments of Left and Right are described as "the parts of the arc covered by the Forward and Aft arcs", but the diagram shows a 60-degree span to the fore and another to the aft. This does not line up with either the description of F/A nor the diagram of F/A.

So, how should these arcs be defined? It is, of course, possible that I am just confused. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find any other threads that answered my question.

Thank you for the clarification! Also, I appreciate how you stick around on the message boards and offer suggestions and rules answers. I know that a lot of game designers don't.

Back