Additional Delays? What is going on

Nretnimoc

Mongoose
A friend ordered a Klingon Squadron box Thursday, Feb 9th and I ordered two singles on Monday, Feb 13th after I discussed the issues Mongoose was having with meeting demands. After participating and reading the post on the forum in regards to the Fleet Boxes. Below were posts from Mongoose that spurred this purchase.

msprange said:
archon96 said:
im not gonna buy a bunch of squandron boxes to make up for the fleet boxes.

You won't have to - the fleet sets have started to ship this week, and will soon be as plentiful as the squadron sets are now.

And...

msprange said:
Squadron boxes, right now. Order them on Friday, they will go out the same day or Monday (depending on the time you order them), then as long as USPS takes to get them to you.

Fleet sets, we are working through existing pre-orders now, so we are looking at around the three week mark for new orders, potentially a few days more for the Romulans (that is to do with new moulds but the advantage the Romulans have is that a few of their ships will already be done as Klingons, and many of their designs are one piece castings which speeds things up a _lot_).

After that point, the fleet sets will be as the squadron sets are now, pretty much our normal 24 hour turnaround.

Now, today my friend receives the following statement from Mongoose:

Hi "my friend"

Apologies for the delay with your order, we are a little behind with them due to demand but it should be shipping out soon and again my apologies for the delay in the meantime.

Kind regards

Kelly George
Mongoose Publishing

Not to beat a dead horse, really, but what is going on?

I do not work for Mongoose but here's my best guess as to what happened:

Matt said (essentially) "we've got production of squadron boxes worked out" so everyone (myself included) went "OK, let's order them!" and caused another backlog.

Sadly that was my thought on the subject as well. Seems he would have been better off not saying anything at all till most orders were Filled.

Though, they get the money, we dont get the product (STILL).

i share youre frustration but it comes down to this. we accept the delays and are just surprised when one day our stuff shows up. or we vote with our feet "meaning find another option". I think ADB is selling 2400s that could be an option. I personally just plan on stuff showing up whenever and have stopped stressing over the issue. but im going to rethink ever pre-ordering from this group ever again.

I quit stressing yesterday. Decided to cancel all orders and play straight 2400's.

It's a two-three day turn around on squadron blisters, unless you pre-ordered, (oh wait, no they never make you wait for other materials). Yet still have not received anything.

Fact, the Ohio werehouse had the rulebooks in Mid December, fact they didn't mail them until forced to do so in January. I got my rule book 3 weeks faster non-preorder through ADB (and resold my pre-order book when it finally arrived a week after everone elses, because my order got buried or some such).

We have been told the Fleet boxes are going out the door for last 3 weeks here in the US, but produce someone who has received one.

Yep, no more stress. I want mini's and to be honest the quality reports don't really indicate any real improvement over the metal 2400's.

This is fun game, I will contiue to play. But gotta go with what is available! Game tomorrow, wish I had bought the 2400's back in early December I would have them for tomorrows game. Oh well.

and yet fleet boxes are appearing in UK. Hm did they prioritize the UK customer base first no clue. ive yet to see anyone come online and go yea i got my fleet boxes.

archon96 said:
and yet fleet boxes are appearing in UK. Hm did they prioritize the UK customer base first no clue. ive yet to see anyone come online and go yea i got my fleet boxes.

Has someone in the UK got one then - have not heard about any ?

I thought that was sending out the US boxes ? - Still has anyone anywhere actually received a fleet box??

archon96 said:
didnt you see the photo with the hot chick holding a fleet box at mongoose headquarters in UK.

But she was at Mongoose HQ. Which doesn't exactly count as prioritizing UK customers. Besides we don't even know it had ships in. :)

Matt had said UK fleet boxes would ship this week. I think that's been changed to UK Federation fleet boxes, and I don't know if it's been changed to some other week.

Has anyone in the UK received a Federation fleet box?

I have pre-order fleet boxes of Feds, Klinks, Kzinti and Gorn!

Now whilst I don't expect to receive the Gorn and Kzinti any time soon, I am hoping to see the Feds and Klinks soon, hopefully before the tourney in March!

People have started to receive Fed sets in both the UK and US. We know they have them in their hands. Doesn't mean they come to these forums!

Back