ACTA: SF Klingon D-6 plus some action shots from todays game

The Legend

Mongoose
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've posted on the forum unfortunately. Been furiously painting one of the three ACTA Fleet boxes I've purchased. I'm almost finished with the Federation fleet of 22 ships and have a good start on the Klingons too.

The D-6 is the only Klingon ship I've currently finished so far and is painted in the exact colour scheme the original filming model for Star Trek The Original Series was. Valejo Green grey lower hull and Nacels, Tamiya Ocean Grey 2 (RAF) for the top hull and Impulse drive / Reactor. I've added a few extra details in colour as the original film model was rather bland.

More detailed pics to follow soon as well as some Photographs of all the Federation and Klingon Fleet models. Then it's on to the Romulans!!!!! :-D

Klingon F5 rounds an asteroid field and jumps USS Beaty

P162701_07-10-12.jpg

Klingon D6 Alpha-strikes USS Kirov while overloaded.

P1624_07-10-12.jpg

Klingon D6

P1540_07-10-12.jpg

I love the colour you managed to come up with!

I'm still not sure about the colours I've started on for my Klingons. Think I'll have to lighten it up a bit.

:shock:
Annoyingly yet simultaneously pleasingly well painted.
I am both in awe and contractually obliged to hate you for your painting skill. :mrgreen:

very nice looking model. I like the use of the fliming model's colour scheme. have you also used the shooting model's scheme for your Feds?

my understanding is that the Enterprise was in fact a gery colour but when filmed it looked very white almost ivory.

bladestalker said:
very nice looking model. I like the use of the fliming model's colour scheme. have you also used the shooting model's scheme for your Feds?

my understanding is that the Enterprise was in fact a gery colour but when filmed it looked very white almost ivory.

You're quite right, the Enterprise filming model that is in the smithsonian is a mid to light grey.

Yes I've kept then a lighter Grey by using Adeptus battlegrey as the base/primer colour, then used Vallejo light Grey for the main colour. I'vetried to mimic the effect of lighting on the hulls to give the impression of the running lights on areas such as the registry and sensor dome etc.

Think my Rom hawk and Eagle classes will be a slightly lighter grey than the feds but I'm not sure about the Klingon hulls. I've seen some interesting colour schemes used but they simply reused the Klingon filming model in the original series episode "The Enterprise incident" with no changes.

locarno24 said:
:shock:
Annoyingly yet simultaneously pleasingly well painted.
I am both in awe and contractually obliged to hate you for your painting skill. :mrgreen:

Er, Thanks I think. :) lol.

Nice work on the ships seen so far! The Original Series colour scheme looks good and the edges between the shades of grey are neatly done.
The Legend said:
Yes I've kept then a lighter Grey by using Adeptus battlegrey as the base/primer colour, then used Vallejo light Grey for the main colour. I'vetried to mimic the effect of lighting on the hulls to give the impression of the running lights on areas such as the registry and sensor dome etc.
There are also several illuminated panels on the saucer. If the base colour is grey then these panels should look good in bright white.

Think my Rom hawk and Eagle classes will be a slightly lighter grey than the feds but I'm not sure about the Klingon hulls. I've seen some interesting colour schemes used but they simply reused the Klingon filming model in the original series episode "The Enterprise incident" with no changes.
The remastered version shows a scheme more similar to that of the Eagle, light grey with a big orange bird on the underside. SFU isn't supposed to use the remastered series as a reference but this time SFU got there first; the old paint scheme for the Starline 2200 series KR shows a bird of prey on the underside. (I've got the Starline 2200 D7, and painted it as a Romulan according to that guide a long time ago. I remember watching the next repeat of "The Enterprise Incident" very closely to see what a "real" Romulan D7 looked like, and was disappointed to see that it looked identical to the Klingon one. It's nice that Paramount have finally caught up with SFU. :D)

The Legend said:
bladestalker said:

You're quite right, the Enterprise filming model that is in the smithsonian is a mid to light grey.

I'd really love to see any shots of your feds to see how this looks. It sounds tricky.

bladestalker said:
I'd really love to see any shots of your feds to see how this looks. It sounds tricky.

I'll put them up asap, I've had some trouble with lighting so you get the right impression of the effect. Essentially I drybrush/wetbrush on the highlights over the sections that I want to be lighter then use Vallejo Offwhite to highlight the edges of the plates that are under the l;ighting effect. Simple but it works quite well.

AdrianH said:
Nice work on the ships seen so far! The Original Series colour scheme looks good and the edges between the shades of grey are neatly done.

The remastered version shows a scheme more similar to that of the Eagle, light grey with a big orange bird on the underside. SFU isn't supposed to use the remastered series as a reference but this time SFU got there first; the old paint scheme for the Starline 2200 series KR shows a bird of prey on the underside. (I've got the Starline 2200 D7, and painted it as a Romulan according to that guide a long time ago. I remember watching the next repeat of "The Enterprise Incident" very closely to see what a "real" Romulan D7 looked like, and was disappointed to see that it looked identical to the Klingon one. It's nice that Paramount have finally caught up with SFU. :D)

Thanks Adrian,

The Remastered version is probably the one I'll be going with to be honest. I like the idea that the Roms would keep the same scheme.

I have to see your color schemes are among the best i've seen. Subtle and authentic to the original source material. Good job.

Back