Act Now! Ruins of Hyboria for only $61.79!

Maybe inflation then? Or the books are covered in a fine dust from the Tomb of Tutankhamun....

I've seen books listed at hideously over-inflated prices when Amazon lists them as not available (even though they are). But that is just daft.

Someone should point out that now matter how much you chage for an item, if you don't sell it you don't make any money. :roll:

Actually Vincent did sign a copy for me, although my copy is sitting on the shelf behind me.

Eric in Vegas

Maybe we should start a "Save Vincent" fund??? :wink:

Seriously, if you are all wondering why Vincent doesn't have the money to go, it's because he has been spending it on rare, harbound REH compilations. :D

Eric in Vegas

EricKRod said:
Maybe we should start a "Save Vincent" fund??? :wink:

Seriously, if you are all wondering why Vincent doesn't have the money to go, it's because he has been spending it on rare, harbound REH compilations. :D

Eric in Vegas

...Or spending his gold lunas on Brythunian dancing girls! :lol:
*AHEM* Uh, I mean rare volumes of arcane lore.

Greg Smith said:
I've seen books listed at hideously over-inflated prices when Amazon lists them as not available (even though they are). But that is just daft.

Someone should point out that now matter how much you chage for an item, if you don't sell it you don't make any money. :roll:

The small percentage of "must have" buyers on the planet usually makes it all worth it. Out of the population of planet earth, someone, somewhere, is likely missing that one item in a collection and is desperate enough and stupid enough to move mountains to get it.

(Case in point, myself with Lone Wolf book 22... DON'T ASK!)

On the other hand, Ruins is new and still in print... silly people.

Greg Smith said:

I have to agree with this, when I was making a Listmania list of Mongoose's printed adventures, and they had priced "Heretics" at $49.95, so I wrote Amazon and told them their price was incorrect, including a link to Mongoose's webpage with the correct price. Amazon wrote back that, "The prices listed for products do not necessarily convey the suggested retail price proposed by publishers or third party proprietors, and Amazon reserves the right to charge what it sees as a reasonable fair market value for any item it chooses to represent...." Two weeks later (after I'd made mention on my Listmania page that it was overpriced) said item was removed from their inventory, and re-applied two weeks later with Mongoose's price on it. :lol: :roll:

Thank you. There was a time when I was a persistant and regular visitor on Amazon's site and was regularly promoting them for game materials. As any Conan products I have ordered from them always arrive late (like 2 or 4 month's after release/I've ordered them) I haven't done as much lately.

Still, in the interest of self-promotion, I have 3 Listmania pages I made for Conan products, 2 of which heavily promote Mongoose's line of products, and though they're seldom visited, I'll post them here in case anyone cares:

• Conan roleplaying-sourcebooks (Mongoose) - Contains all of the rules, GM screen, and regional books and splatbooks Mongoose has published and Amazon has listed on their site, with a brief comment by yours truly
  • Conan-adventures - Lists those printed Mongoose adventures for it's Conan RPG, and a/o this post also follows (since the adventures aren't that many) with adventures published by TSR (for it's AD&D and own Conan rpg system) and GURPS' Conan adventures. NOTE: If Mongoose releases enough print adventures (the pdf releases such as Black Stones of Kovag Re and Coming of Hanuman, are not listed as they're not print products.
  • Conan rpg-TSR releases - Lists the AD&D Conan adventures published by TSR, then the David Cook Conan rpg game and adventures published for that game, then GURPS Conan adventures and the GURPS Conan game book and GURPS general system game book.

Hope this helps. 8)

Back