Acheronian bloodline

XcomSquaddie

Mongoose
Okay, here's a question for all you Conan scholars.

Can anyone provide some background on the Acheronians as a race?

In the rulebook there is a little bit of background on Acheron.

On page 250 it mentions that the Acheronian race still exists and that enclaves could possibly be found in Aquilonia, Argos, Corinthia, Ophir, Koth and especially the Nemedian hills.

It also says that Nemedia is full of Acheronian ruins.

However it really doesn't say anything about the race itself, such as skin tone, common hair/eye color, general height/build etc.

I was thinking of drawing up a character with Acheronian blood and I was wondering what the general "racial feel" was.

Basically, I had been looking at drawing up a Hyborian character and decided on Nemedia, basically on a whim. Once I read the Nemedian entries I thought it might be cool to have a character with Acheronian blood.

I am not hoping to get any advantages or game bonuses for this, I just thought it would give the character an interesting background.

Any input would be appreciated.

Hey Mr. Darth, If I recal correclty there was a Sons of Cimmeria bonus that covered just that. I believe it was in Signs & Portents #6.

I'd try looking that up.
SS

sanseveria said:
Hey Mr. Darth, If I recal correclty there was a Sons of Cimmeria bonus that covered just that. I believe it was in Signs & Portents #6.

I'd try looking that up.
SS

I've missed a few of the SoC freebies, I guess because of email problems. That must have been one of them. I'll have to grab it when they do the catch up thingie.

Thanks for the info!

The best source for information is Howard's, Hour of the Dragon. this is the story that introduced the Acheronians.

It's been speculated heavily that the Acheronians are the "giant-kings" and are distantly related to the "original" "Old Stygians" (who represent THE nobility in Stygia).
Tall, pale skin, dark hair, luminiscent eyes.
I've ordered the Secrets of Skelos, I heard that 2nd Ed. Conan has some stats on this race in that book.

If you go back in previous postings there are several threads with this topic. Check out the Road of Kings as well.

The luminescent eyes were normally yellow and seemed to glow or shine when the person was emotional. it also indicated that they were a race of wizards and had breed with something "other" than humans in the distant past.

Yeah...

I *think* Archeonians are listed as a race here:

6---------------------Of Chariots and Acheronians------5 pages

In the sixth issue of Signs & Portents.... hope it helps!

Back