A Noble Duel - Official Tournament May 7th

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
On May 7th, Mongoose Publishing is throwing open its doors to hold the first official tournament for A Call to Arms: Noble Armada. A Noble Duel will pit players against one another in a series of games to decide who is the greatest of the Noble Houses!

You can download the tournament pack from;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniature/detail.php?qsID=1957

To book a place will cost just £5 - you can either send the payment to paypal@mongoosepublishing.com, call us with card details at 01793 434488, or send a cheque to the address below. Whichever way you do it, please let us know which fleet you are planning to use on the day.

Mongoose Publishing
52-54 Cricklade Road
Swindon
Wilts
SN2 8AF
United Kingdom

This is a great opportunity to meet and play with like-minded gamers, and everyone always has a great time at these events. The Mongoose store will be open with a few new goodies, and prizes will be given for the finest nobles at the event!

A Noble Duel will be held at Mongoose HQ in Swindon, UK, and a map can be downloaded from;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/officemap.pdf

lastbesthope said:
Signed up, Hawkwood for the win, now is it worth taking a dreadnought in a 750 point game?????

LBH

We have allowed people to vary their fleets for just such a reason :)

msprange said:
lastbesthope said:
Signed up, Hawkwood for the win, now is it worth taking a dreadnought in a 750 point game?????

LBH

We have allowed people to vary their fleets for just such a reason :)

YEah but you have to pick 4 different fleets, and specify which one you're using in which round beforehand. So picking a Dreadnought for Round 3 might be OK, unless I get Space Superiority in that round.

Clanger said:
Also LBH they have to be painted :)

I have made a deal with a Vorlon, the cost? When I go to Z'ha'dum, I will die :wink:

LBH

So who all has signed up for this then?

I'm coming, playing Hawkwood, fleet composition : Under consideration...

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46922

LBH

I am coming. I have Hawkwood and Al-Malik painted, but not based yet. I haven't decided which house yet. I will probably vary my fleet, for a little variety.

See, I want to have a chance of learning how to use my fleet to best use by the end of the tourney, hence same for all 4 games :)

I'm a slow learner of tactics :)

LBH

I know I've left this a bit late, but if anyone sees this and fancies joining me in the Breakfast Brigade, please do.

For those that are new to Open Days, it has been a sometime tradition to hook up in the local cafe for breakfast before hand.

The so called Breakfast Brigade, gathers in the Sunflower cafe before the Open Day kicks off, all being well I'll be there from about 0800 when the cafe opens.

If you take a look at the map to the mongoose offices here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/officemap.pdf

If you carry on North up Cricklade Road, going past the Mongoose offices and past the crossroads with Chapel Street and Ferndale Road. Just after that crossroads on the right hand (East) side of Cricklade Road, just after the Co-op is a cafe called the Sunflower cafe. We traditionally try to get together there for a hearty fried breakfast about an hour before doors open at Mongoose, so in this case 0800 hours.

The food is good, prices are reasonable, and it's a good way to set your stomach up for a days gaming

I know some of you already know about the BB, and some don't get there in time to indulge, but I hope I'll see some of you there to start the day.

LBH

For those of you who cannot attend today, we will be tweeting/twitting the results as they come in, round by round!

Will be interesting to see. I'm predicting a strong show from Decados and Al Malik with Hazat being the weakest house but only time will tell.

i think deceados and hawkwood will be the stong shows, followed by li-halan.
would agree that hazat will be bottom but al-marik will be around there too cos as soon as you put in a hull 5 ship al-marik suffers

Well, half the field have taken Hawkwood, so I think they will be a strong show :) And funnily enough, there is only one Decados.

There are a couple of Hazat fleets, and one is in the hands of Paul (one of the Five Good Men), who is currently giving Kat's dreadnought a drubbing, so they may be in for a chance.

Richard's al Malik is currently giving Pete's (LBH) Hawkwood a kicking, though he has gone for an 'aggressive' al Malik fleet with a couple of Galliots included.

Current favourites have to be Paul's Hazat and Greg's Hawkwood fleets, but there is everything to play for as we are only just passing the halfway mark for the first game!

Starting to wish I was there to see how the slow, outgunned Hazat could be achieving much :)

And Galliots in an Al Malik fleet?

Any chance you could post up some of the fleet lists afterwards so we can see what ships were popular?

I'm still wondering why Hawkwood are so popular, I guess they are as close to a vanilla fleet as it gets.

So how many fleets/players are there out of interest.

Pity work stopped me coming - could have brought my Centauri ;)

msprange said:
Richard's al Malik is currently giving Pete's (LBH) Hawkwood a kicking, though he has gone for an 'aggressive' al Malik fleet with a couple of Galliots included.

He never was, it was close all the way, and I took an early lead, then lost it and got it back again later.

8)

LBH

Back