a new B5 player

No one here bothers about topics coming back which is refreshing change from some forums where "necromancy" is a captial offence.

Sounds like have done very well with getting hold of ships.

re scale - I have played against fleets that use FA scale, ACTA scale and a mxiture and like most people have no issues as long as I know what ships actually represent.

look forward to seeing your stuff.

omega731 said:
the last items i am looking for is a shadow fleet and the ancients.
For the Ancients, look here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACTA-Babylon-...Fi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item3f0ad6d0fe

but my main focus atm is the Shadows. what is everyone's opinion for using a fleet action shadow to represent a young ship and have the B5 wars for the ancient?

As Da Boss says, so long as your opponent knows what each unit on the table represents, you can use pretty much what you like - FA scale, ACTA scale, a counter, or even a model of something completely different! The only snag with using a FA Shadow Ship to represent a Young Ship is that you're probably then stuck with using FA Scouts, whose spines are wrong when compared to the Scout seen on screen. If that doesn't bother you (and it doesn't bother most people, even a lot of people who own the ACTA Scout put the spines on the same way as the FA version), then go ahead. Likewise you could use FA Scouts as Scouts and ACTA Scouts as Stalkers.

AdrianH said:
As Da Boss says, so long as your opponent knows what each unit on the table represents, you can use pretty much what you like - FA scale, ACTA scale, a counter, or even a model of something completely different! The only snag with using a FA Shadow Ship to represent a Young Ship is that you're probably then stuck with using FA Scouts, whose spines are wrong when compared to the Scout seen on screen. If that doesn't bother you (and it doesn't bother most people, even a lot of people who own the ACTA Scout put the spines on the same way as the FA version), then go ahead. Likewise you could use FA Scouts as Scouts and ACTA Scouts as Stalkers.

i was thinking of taking that approach with the scouts but i am still unsure in terms of the main ship does it look right? has anyone else done it before??

also on the model front i have been contemplating getting an Adria Class ship. has anyone come across one of those or the mongoose Narn vessels that they released for the crusade era ?

Oh yes, I've done young and old as big and FA. I think I've used FA scouts as scouts and a full size one as a stalker, too.

and it looked alright in general? no big scale difference just a small one ?

also i just spotted an Adira on US Ebay for $62 USD. is that what i am going to have to expect to pay or does anyone know a cheaper source ?

@AdrianH thanks for pointing to burgers stuff. i am across the pond but maybe shipping will not be two bad.

ok i am sold then. i will do FA for young scout and fighters, then Wars scale for the ancient and stalker .

i guess i should expect to pay around $60 then. and hope the G'Varn and Ka'Bin'Tak cross my path someday.

i was able to buy a Vorlon Fleet box, so i will get the matching amount of shadow ships to call it even. unless i missed something which by all means correct me :D

EDIT: oh BTW thanks for that store link! for some reason i never came across it in my searches.

Back