2E Telepathy

lastbesthope said:
Reborn said:
And also it would be murder. Just a thought.

Not if they only did a mind wipe, that would just be death of personality, which, sinc eit is not counted as capital punishment, is not strictly killing someone or murder.

I suspect given Delenn's reaction, the Minbari would count that as murder.

I was mening technically in the eyes of the law as it is presented to us in B5. It is stated that EA no longer allows capital punishment except in extreme cases which they can't prove in the case we see in that one episode. Therefore mindwipe is not considered capital punishment and as such can not be considered killing or murdering someone, under EA law anyway.

The moral or legal views of the Minbari on such a matter are no doubt different, especially Delenn's personal views.

LBH

Nikopol said:
Logically, I would only allow someone who takes his first level as a Telepath to swap a telepath feat for 6 points of P-rating...it just wouldn't make sense otherwise...

Just my 2 cents anyway...

Not even just your opinion - it's what the rules say. It states that if it is the your first character level you can do it.

Back to the question of ranges, yes, he can use longer ranges, so could anyone else witha high enough p-rating.
BUT the description on close, medium and long range all say that they need line of sight.
So even if you can use a different range than touch or line of sigt, you still need line of sight.
_______
AS for Minbari telepaths, there place in society is Counsellors, to help people deal with antisocial (for Minbari) problems.
______

True but I know certain players who would play a Minbari Warrior Caste ('cos they're hard) and add telepathy on top. I don't let him in my games anymore.

We did too, he joined the Religious caste, waqs still confused over his place as a warrior and telepath, Became casteless. Then finally got a cryptic Vorlon message , thought about it and rejoined the re4ligious caste.
No problem with the character or player.

lastbesthope said:
I was mening technically in the eyes of the law as it is presented to us in B5. It is stated that EA no longer allows capital punishment except in extreme cases which they can't prove in the case we see in that one episode. Therefore mindwipe is not considered capital punishment and as such can not be considered killing or murdering someone, under EA law anyway.

The moral or legal views of the Minbari on such a matter are no doubt different, especially Delenn's personal views.

LBH
I still think that morally rather than under EA law death of personality is still death - the person in question is dead, but a new person fills the empty body.

Barbara said:
Back to the question of ranges, yes, he can use longer ranges, so could anyone else witha high enough p-rating.
BUT the description on close, medium and long range all say that they need line of sight.
So even if you can use a different range than touch or line of sigt, you still need line of sight.

Remember this..?

Barbara from earlier... said:
P124 "It should be noted that exceptionally powerful Telepath's greatly increase the range of their abilities, to the extent that where those that normally require touch or LOS may be used with neither ( as close ,medium or long range)

It kinda covers that quite neatly... The LOS requirement is dropped.

Reborn said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH
I still think that morally rather than under EA law death of personality is still death - the person in question is dead, but a new person fills the empty body.

Well I'm not agreeing or disagreeing there, although I can definitely see why the Minbari wold class it as murder, what else can the personality be but part of the soul, and the Minbari don't like to harm those.

LBH
Not necessarily in favour of a society where everyone is toothless and blind.

How should PCs react to Psi-Corps? Should they be prejudiced like Sheridan, Ivanova etc., or should they be nice to them?

What Gar said.

It would be a part of the character as to how they reacted.

I mean look at how Lochley reacted when Garibaldi wanted to knock chunks out of Bester. She judged Bester by what he had done on her watch.

LBH

The corps is mother the corps is father

they will spank you if you hate them,

as shown it depends on the PC and his interactions with the corps, Ivanova has a whole backstory thing going,

Examples like Harriman grey and talia show its possible to meet and know nice happy happy telepaths that are nice and polite and wonderful, these are low level teeps, ergo most people only meet the nicey nicey ones, then there are the occasional arrogant teeps these people wont like then there is the group that a pc who is experienced or involved will meet, the high high ups like mr bester, these are by and large megalomaniac scum, anyone who dosnt hate these after 10min is either

1)not a hero
2)not paying attention
3)mindwiped

exactly as in dust to dust bester is helpful to B5 but the kick to making the corps right is they dont do the good stuff because they are good, they do it for their own reasons, in the example you list with a rogue teep yes the corp subdues and takes them away, then later on when they get in the way of the corp they find that a certain rogue has been made into a programmed Psicorp agent, anytime the CORPS is good its doing a hustle

He maybe helpful, but seeing as the Psicorps developed and distributed dust, I think that kind of cancels things out.

Barbara wrote:

Remember this..?

Barbara from earlier... wrote:
P124 "It should be noted that exceptionally powerful Telepath's greatly increase the range of their abilities, to the extent that where those that normally require touch or LOS may be used with neither ( as close ,medium or long range)

It kinda covers that quite neatly... The LOS requirement is dropped.

So long range is as far as you want to use an ability? Yes you're on another continent but i've met you so, you're toast.

_________

On the interactions with Psi Corp personnel, it's the same as you would with Earthforce personnel, shopkeepers,Drazi, Brakiri etc. Always on a case by case basis. After all, you can only react to a person by how they behave towards you and others. Of course ,if you have hearde nasty things aboiut them before hand, you may be biased. Or alternat3ely, you may be just a good old-fashioned red-neck bigot.

AArrgh!! Stupidity point. Got to pay more atention when reading. C;lose and medium have a max range, only long range doesn't.

Time to put my brain in a jar and pickle. Oh ,hang on, that's it on the shelf.

Sorry to drag this thread back up, however....

I have had a Player ask how Mind Shield works, now looking at the entry it is somewhat vague as to exactly what sort of bonuses would be appropriate. (Grants a circumstance bonus to their Will save) pg 122

Anyone have any rulings or such that have been played with?

Lots of fun starting my campaign just trying to get a handle on the 2E teeps and pulling my hair out over Technomages.

Cheers

Nevyn

Back