25mm Bases

Mocaiv

Mongoose
Does anyone know if the plastic 25mm flying bases available in packs from anywhere?

Also, the metal base in the Mongoose store, is that 25mm ot larger?

smallmetalbase.jpg

I should have mentioned that I want about 40 of the things, and I don't really want to spend £16 on just bases when there are good models to buy!

Is this whatyou looking for?

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99229999036&orignav=9

I have a load of GW large flying bases you can have at the next tourny we both attend....
hang off buying until then..although they're not the same size as MG bases a little bigger but no one cares!

There is currently no official base size anyway so as long as the peg will fit the machine you can use whaterver takes your fancy. I still use all mine on AoG hex bases (that way I can play B5Wars with my minis too ;))

I currently use Mongoose bases, cut and brassed rodded, GW bases cut & brass rodded and little AOG bases for my Fleet action ships (they'd look silly on huge bases)

I would warn that GW flying bases (and the plastic Mongoose ones too) are quite simply AWFUL and snap very easily. Id hugely recommend you pick up a bag of the Metal AoG ones or something similar. Its actually pretty cheap for loads (most of the cost is in postage if your outside the states and thats not a big deal if you order lots in one go anyway) and I have to date, NEVER had a miniautre snap off a metal AoG base even when Ive dropped carry cases etc.

anyone know where to get the base stem screws? They work by having the thread fit into the model hole and the opposite thread is glued onto the stem?

cheers

Back