2300AD 2.0 release dates

Yatima

Cosmic Mongoose
I see the 2300AD Core Rulebook now has a release date in the upcoming releases page.

• Title: 2300AD Core Rulebook
  • Sub-Line: 2300AD
  • PDF Release Date: October
  • Printed Release Date: January '19

That's disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing some actual new content for this setting this year, and I suppose that this date for the core rulebook 2.0 puts the Aerospace Engineer's Handbook and the Bayern adventure into 2019. I recall reading on the 2300 Facebook group that Bayern was practically done, before Traveller 2.0 reset the release map. I bet that the recent mega-campaigns for the OTU have eaten capacity at Mongoose, and while that's great for those playing in that setting, the 2300AD setting could really use some support.

Now I know that the new core rulebook will be a treat to read and look at and I trust Colin to release great supplements to the setting subsequently. But this pace of support feels glacial and I'm sure it's not helping grow the audience for this excellent setting.

J

I'm fairly certain that we are going to see a significant facelift in the presentation of this line, and that takes time to get right. For me, any earlier than the timetable they've lined up would have alarm bells ringing. Jan '19 looks about right to me, after the Traveller line is well established.

The only question I have (still) is has there been a decision as to whether to make the 2000AD line stand-alone from the Traveller line (albeit with the same basic 2D6 mechanics). My feeling is that too much of the 2000AD setting mechanics is different to Traveller core system - different character generation choices, different assumptions in space travel etc - and that I'd prefer everything to be in one core rules book rather than cross referencing.

Also, is there any development on some of transhuman developments in the game? Or actually, the star system data for that matter?

Yatima said:
I bet that the recent mega-campaigns for the OTU have eaten capacity at Mongoose, and while that's great for those playing in that setting, the 2300AD setting could really use some support.

Consider that there is every chance that such mega-sets will be coming to 2300AD as well - worth waiting for :)

msprange said:
Yatima said:
I bet that the recent mega-campaigns for the OTU have eaten capacity at Mongoose, and while that's great for those playing in that setting, the 2300AD setting could really use some support.

Consider that there is every chance that such mega-sets will be coming to 2300AD as well - worth waiting for :)

Now that would make the wait worthwhile. Thanks.

J

Back