Traveller Release Schedule 2023

Are we not able to send private messages to Mongoose staff or did I fail my Computer roll?
In either case then, as I’m sure you’re probably already aware, 2nd Dynasty is currently in the middle of another Traveller ships Kickstarter, this time for launches and ships boats.
Especially with you guys bringing out the Small Craft Catalog soon, I sure wish you’d get together with those guys and come to an agreement to work together.

Are we not able to send private messages to Mongoose staff or did I fail my Computer roll?
In either case then, as I’m sure you’re probably already aware, 2nd Dynasty is currently in the middle of another Traveller ships Kickstarter, this time for launches and ships boats.
Especially with you guys bringing out the Small Craft Catalog soon, I sure wish you’d get together with those guys and come to an agreement to work together.
Can always email:

Contact

I don’t suppose a sector book about Vland and maybe a neighboring sub-sector would be in the cards at some point? I’d like to know a bit more about the Vilani.
It won't scratch the itch as much as a new MgT book with the hard cover and the poster sized sector maps and all, but if you're up to some archeology, the MegaTraveller Vilani & Vargr book has some stuff on Vland-the-world, and issue 5 of The Travellers' Digest has an adventure set there (as part of the Grand Tour).

I don’t suppose a sector book about Vland and maybe a neighboring sub-sector would be in the cards at some point? I’d like to know a bit more about the Vilani.

Yes, I clearly support it. We have seen supplements on minor races like the darians, the bwaps and others who are very interesting.
But it's strange that we have nothing about the vilanis, who are a major race and very important to the universe, and core sector in particulary.

We have the Solomanis, the Zhodanis in Aliens of Charted space, but why the vilanis are so little loved. An Alien of Charted space with vilanis is as must have to the universe, and clearly lacking. With a double sector book about Vland and perhaps Lishun, it would be perfect.

Sorry if my english is not perfect, but i'm a french customer.

Vland and Lishun would be a good combination. I don't think Lishun has gotten much love either, even though it's directly coreward of Core (yeah, I meant to say that) and has 601 systems, which I think is about a Charted Space high number.

So when is the 2024 Traveller Companion going to be available for preorder? I don’t want to get the current one with a updated one on the way and I don’t want to buy the PDF separately because that’s a waste of money.

So when is the 2024 Traveller Companion going to be available for preorder? I don’t want to get the current one with a updated one on the way and I don’t want to buy the PDF separately because that’s a waste of money.
Likely around the middle of next year or so.

I know people don't like this pointed out, but the average human within the Third Imperium is likely to be Vilani, a small number will be Vilani/other hybrids, and a tiny number will be Solomani.

The population of Earth was 12 billion during the ISW era, the Vilani population of the Ziru Sirka is a few orders of magnitude larger.
When the Terran diaspora spread into the Ziru SIrka there may have been at the most a few tens of thousand Solomani mixing with a few hundred million Vilani, often the ratio would have been far less.

MT goofed by making the Vilani different to baseline human within the setting.

I know people don't like this pointed out, but the average human within the Third Imperium is likely to be Vilani, a small number will be Vilani/other hybrids, and a tiny number will be Solomani.

The population of Earth was 12 billion during the ISW era, the Vilani population of the Ziru Sirka is a few orders of magnitude larger.
When the Terran diaspora spread into the Ziru SIrka there may have been at the most a few tens of thousand Solomani mixing with a few hundred million Vilani, often the ratio would have been far less.

MT goofed by making the Vilani different to baseline human within the setting.
The way I read the MT material, it's suggesting instead that "Vilani" as a culture is now distinct from "Imperial mainstream", even if Imperial mainstream is mostly biological Vilani, as you say. The Vilani -- meaning those who claim a traditional, pure Vlandian cultural mindset -- are less overtly insistent on their distinction than the Solomani (that said, the MT timeline does involve their core cultural pocket seceding...)

I do recall a few sources suggesting that the Terrans used cloning and the like to try boosting their numbers (along with the whole, "make new allies out of apes and dolphins and bears for some reason" business).

I do recall a few sources suggesting that the Terrans used cloning and the like to try boosting their numbers (along with the whole, "make new allies out of apes and dolphins and bears for some reason" business).
And goats... somebody threw in goats for some reason. It's like a furry convention down there in the Rim.

Back