The Great Apple PDF Update

Hey everyone,

We are currently in the process of going through all our past PDFs and updating them so they display properly on Apple devices. There is rather a lot of them (!), but we will be steadily working through every PDF with this problem. We will update this post as new ones are added on both our website and DrivethruRPG, listing all the revisions. Simply re-download and you will be good to go!

Updated so far:

Aliens of Charted Space Vol. 3
Is the PDF of the Referee's Screen on your to-do list? Would very much appreciate an update off that too.

EDIT: Fixed at BoH and DriveThru as of May 13.

Be aware that the updated DriveThru JTAS 1-6 files are now borked for PDFKit where they were working fine yesterday. I do not have the official from Mongoose files but the Bundle of Holding for JTAS was just updated and the updated JTAS 1-6 files there are still borked. I presume these are similar to the direct from Mongoose versions.

!

Last edited:
I’ve had a message from Drivethrurpg that JTAS 1 to 6 are updated. I’ve downloaded but the front cover is a blank page. This is affecting all six issues. The cover looks blank when viewed from the Files app on iPadOS 17.4.1 or when saved to iBooks.

@MongooseMatt is there a workaround for this?

Cheers

EDIT: Fixed at DriveThru and BoH as of May 13. Looks fine.

About the time I reported this above, Allen with Bundle of Holding was told they will have it resolved Monday. I assume DriveThru will get updated once these are reprocessed.

The previous files as of yesterday worked fine from DriveThru and had last been modified in 2019/2020. if you have access to them.

If you are command-line friendly, there is a thread with a method of processing the files with GhostScript and pdftocairo. The PDF Squeezer method does not work with the JTAS files.

!

Last edited:
Today I looked into my DTRPG library and, for the first time in a couple of weeks, there wasn't a big pile of fixed PDFs for me, waiting for me to download and I was strangely disconsolate.

The last couple of weeks have been a joy, downloading and reading through the books - seeing them the way they were supposed to be for the fist time. It has reaffirmed why I love Mongoose products so much. Thank you for all your work updating them. I appreciate you and the effort you put in.

Back