Scanning for emissions signature

Feagal

Banded Mongoose
Hi,

The Field Catalogue discusses how certain weapons (e.g. lasers / gauss) will emit a signature from power source or heat.

Aside from PRIS on various armour types, or scanners set to detect such things within buildings / ships, is there anything else you think might pick these up?

I thought a handheld EM probe might but no range is listed for it, though I might rule it works at 500m like the Neural Activity Scanner

I want to be able to give the PCs the chance to scan for these types of things and possibly work out roughly where an enemy might be, but also it will work against them if they're using particular types of weapons.

Cheers,
F

PRIS binoculars from the Central Supply Catalog, infrared goggles from the same source but possibly at a minus compared to PRIS. Might be other options in other books I'm not recalling.

I tend to "solve" the question of range and detail by asking for a Sensor or Recon roll rather than figuring out those exact details directly, but this approach is not universal.

PRIS binoculars from the Central Supply Catalog, infrared goggles from the same source but possibly at a minus compared to PRIS. Might be other options in other books I'm not recalling.

I tend to "solve" the question of range and detail by asking for a Sensor or Recon roll rather than figuring out those exact details directly, but this approach is not universal.

Cheers - this makes sense to let it rely on the roll (y)

Back