How do we know a PDF has been updated?

Anstett

Cosmic Mongoose
A question was asked over on Reddit that made me think. I checked RPGNow and found an older non-Travller PDF that had an update. I have purchased almost all of my Traveller PDFs from the site here rather than giving another site a cut of the profits.

I know that the PDFs get updated with the errata periodically. How would I know which items have been updated? I looked at the list of downloads I have and there is nothing there to note what the most current version is. I have not seen any emails from Mongoose saying a new version was available for download.

I was checking my library for any updates and noticed that some of my purchases are not showing at all.

Could this be because those items are under revision?

Hopefully looking at PDF revision updates for download is on your list for this year. Just checked and the small craft PDF in my Mongoose download is still the old version.

Hopefully looking at PDF revision updates for download is on your list for this year. Just checked and the small craft PDF in my Mongoose download is still the old version.
That is the latest version - we updated it within a week or so of initial release and so kept the original file name (if it gets another update, the month of the update will be added).

Hope that helps!

Hey Matt & Milosh,

I don't know if this will help, but Matt one way for Mongoose customers to know if they have the latest file, would be if you posted the MD5 checksum for the file in question here on the forum. Milosh and others could then check the checksum of their file and if it's different they would know they have an old file. It's not elegant, and its kinda of a pain in the butt, but it would work. If you are using Windows, the certutil command would give you the checksum.

I tried to link a page with instructions but my post got kicked back. Just go to Google and search for how windows checksum file, and click on the Nutanix link (first one), and it shows you how to use the certutil command.

Best!

one way for Mongoose customers to know if they have the latest file, would be if you posted the MD5 checksum for the file in question here on the forum

Or they could just put the date of the last update on one of the first pages, which is frankly what should have been done for years now.

Keep it simple.

Or they could just put the date of the last update on one of the first pages, which is frankly what should have been done for years now.

Keep it simple.
Good point, If they did that, I would think it would be visible on the drivethrurpg preview...

Back