Have Rules, No Stats...

darklord4

Mongoose
Will the initial release unit cards/stats be available? As it is, we can't really play BFE. I guess if we really squint/enhace the PDF, we could use a USMC squad, Challenger tank, and PLA squad. I think I can read the stats, but not the special rules.

[Wipes the ink smudges from his face and draws a huge rubber band gun from his impossibly deep pocket and begins unloading in rapid succession on Hiro.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiUSEpg8Xc

I'm going to use the LAMI stats until the boxes come in. Oh and complain the whole time. :twisted:

Nezeray

I feel bad. . . here I've got all the stats for all the planned releases on my HD, and all I can do is shake my head at the poor suffering bastards who have to wait!

LOL!! Sorry guys. . . couldn't resist! :)

CONGRATULATIONS! You have just made yourself the target of every way we can think of to hack into your computer. We will find not only this data, but all those hidden pictures you think no one else knows you have.

Your only hope is to disconnect your computer from the Internet, shut down all power and curl up in a corner with the cover over your head.

Here's what I managed to decipher from the PDF pictures. I knew Typography class would come in handy this term!
(My comments are in parentheses.)
Let me just add that I have no inside information, this is based only on the pictures in the PDF.

(Side 1)

British Army Challenger II MBT 425

Plated in second generation CHOBAM armour, the Challenger II is one of the best-protected tanks in ever designed.

Challenger II w/L55, Chain Gun and GPMG

None

Size: 4 Move: 7", Close Combat: 4D10, Target: 8+, Armour 2+, Kill 13+

Armour

(Side 2)

Rhienmetall L55 Gun
Range 72" Damage D10+4

Chain Gun

Range 36" Damage 3xD6

GPMG

Range 30" Damage 3xD6

(Appears to be the section detailing special rules for the unit.)

Rhienmetall L55: This weapon imposes a -1 penalty to Armour saves and -- -- ---- Damage Dice less (okay, not trying to interpilate the large blocks of text right now. My eyes are bugging out.)
Chain Gun
GPMG
Armoured
Tough

---
(Side 1)

PLA Infantry Squad 190

Both versatile and numerous, the soldiers of the PLA appear as an irresistible wave of humanity sweeping across the battlefield.

Team 1:
Sergeant w/ QBZ95. 2 x Rifleman w/ QBZ95. Gunner w/ PF-89

Team 2:
Corporal w/ QBZ95, Rifleman w/QBZ95, Gunner w/ QBB95

Team 3:
Corporal w/ QBZ95, Rifleman w/ QBZ95, Gunner w/ PF-89

Drop Team 2 for -30 points. Drop Team 3 for - 60 points.

Size 1, Move 4" (may be a 5), Close Combat 2xD6, Target 4+, Armour -, Kill 6+

Squad

(Side 2)
QBZ95 Assault Rifle
Range 20" Damage D6

QBB95 MG: Norinco

30" Damage 2xD6

PF-89 80mm LAW
Range 20" Damage D10+2

Fire Teams
QBB95
PF-89

---

(Side1)
USMC INFANTRY SQUAD 185

Enjoying massive logistical support, the USMC has expanded its role to enable it to fight any enemy and expect victory.

Sergeant w/ M16A4

Team 1: Corporal w/ M16A4, 2 riflemen w/ M16A4, Gunner w/ M249 SAW

Team 2: COrporal w/ M16A4, 2 riflemen w M16A4, Gunner w/ M249 SAW

Drop Team 2 for -60 points. (Can't make much out on these 2 lines)

Size 1 Move 4" Close Combat 2xD6 Target 4+ Armour 5+ Kill 6+

Squad

(Side 2)

m16A4 Assault Rifle

Range 24" Damage D6

M203 Grenade Launcher

Range 16" Damage d6+1

M249 SAW

Range 30" Damage 2xD6

Land Warrior
Intelligence Feeds
Fire Teams
M203 Grenade Launcher
M249 SAW

CONGRATULATIONS! You have just made yourself the target of every way we can think of to hack into your computer. We will find not only this data, but all those hidden pictures you think no one else knows you have.

Your only hope is to disconnect your computer from the Internet, shut down all power and curl up in a corner with the cover over your head.

So. . . just like any other Saturday morning when my wife catches me looking at those pictures??

Though I was going cross-eyed, I think that the Land Warrior text said something about 12" reaction, making me think that it may be handled like the Pathfinders in SST. Lets see...

"Land Warrior: This equipment through the use of computers and weapon mounted camers allows a ?trooper? to pinpoint shots and make a mockery of cover. Any model in cover targeted with the M16A4 will only receive a +1 bonus to its Target and Kill scores. In addition, the unit has a command range of 12" rather than the normal 6". Models will also ignore the effect of smoke (see Main Rulebook).

Intelligence ???: Any army with ??? may re-roll its dice for set up and deployment.

Fire Teams: Troopers may be split off from the squad to act as independent units with the Corporals acting as unit leaders. The Sergeant must join one of these teams and act as its unit leader. This may be done before the start of the battle or at the beginning of any turn.

Grenade Launcher: One Rifleman in each team has an underslung grenade launcher attached to his M16A4. This weapon causes a -1 penalty to Armor rolls and will roll extra Damage Dice (but only D6 with no penalty to Armor rolls) against every model within 1" of the center of the model the first Damage Dice is allocated to. These extra models need not be in Line of Sight. It may only be fired once per turn, and never as a reaction.

SAW: If a Ready action is taken to set this weapon up properly (lie prone, extend tripod, etc.) then all subsequent Shoot actions will gain two bonus Damage Dice though it may only shoot in its forward facing. These bonus dice are lost as soon as the model moves. In addition, every Damage Dice the weapon rolls counts as two for the purpose of Suppression only."

:shock: Wow, that was a strain.

Okay, so not like Pathfinders. Still looks really good though. Heck, it looks better really.

I like the bonus to the SAW and also the "shrapnel effect" from the Grenade Launcher. Land Warrior looks to be really nasty as well, especially with the bonus to the command range. I keep thinking that 12" is too much, but I am certain that is what it says.

PLA infantry card...

Fire Teams: Team 2 may be split off from the section to act as an independent unit with the Corporal acting as unit leader. Team 3 may be split off from the section to act as an independent unit with the Corporal acting as unit leader. This my be done before the start of the battle or at the beginning of any turn.

MG: If a Ready Action is taken to set the weapon up properly (lie prone, extend bipod, etc.) then all subsequent Shoot actions will gain two bonus Damage Dice though it may only shoot in its forward facing. These bonus dice are lost as soon as the model moves. In addition, every Damage Dice the weapon rolls counts as two for the purpose of Suppression only. If every model in the target unit is assigned two or more Damage Dice when this weapon is used, the unit will lose both actions from Suppression rather than just one.

LAW: This weapon causes a -2 penalty to Armor rolls and will roll extra Damage Dice (but only D6 with no penalty to Armor rolls) against every model within 1" of the center of the model the first Damage Dice is allocated to. These extra models need not be in Line of Sight. It may only be fired once per turn, and never as a reaction. If a model of Size 2 or greater is within the Fire Zone, you may opt to roll the weapon's Damage Dice against that model rather than allocate normally."

And the Challenger...

"L55: This weapon This weapon causes a -4 penalty to Armor rolls and will roll extra Damage Dice (but only D6+1 with no penalty to Armor rolls) against every model within 2" of the center of the model the first Damage Dice is allocated to. These extra models need not be in Line of Sight. It may only be fired once per turn. If a model of Size 3 or greater is within the Fire Zone, you may opt to roll the weapon's Damage Dice against that model rather than allocate normally.

Chain Gun: This weapon causes a -1 penalty to Armor rolls. It may be fired with the L55 in the same Shoot action but must target the same Fire Zone. In addition, every Damage Dice this weapon rolls counts as two for the purpose of Suppression only. If every model in the target unit is assigned two or more Damage Dice when this weapon is used, the unit will lose both actions from Suppression, rather than just one.

GPMG: This weapon causes a -1 penalty to Armor rolls. The GPMG may be fired with another weapon in the same Shoot action but may make its own seperate Fire Zone. It may be used as an AA weapon. In addition, every Damage Dice this weapon rolls counts as two for the purpose of Suppression only. If every model in the target unit is assigned two or more Damage Dice when the weapon is used, the unit will lose both actions from Suppression, rather than just one.

Armored: The Challenger II will ignore any terrain 1" high or less for the purpose of movement. It is also immune to Suppression but only has an Armor score of 3+ to the Side or Rear facings. The Challenger II may never make any ?reaction except to Shoot? with ?its? GPMG. It will also ignore the effects of smoke (see Main Rulebook).

Tough: The Challenger II will ignore the first four failed Armor rolls. An attack that roll its Kill score will ?destroy? it as normal."

Sorry, couple of bits that my weary eyes were having difficulty fathoming. I believe that the text between the question marks is correct, but I am not positive.

Back