Florian League Ships

Peleliu

Banded Mongoose
Are there any Florian ship designs in published material (official or fanon)? Any artwork for them?

It would be interesting to see how these weird dimorphs design and operate their ships. Especially since they don't exactly come off as an imaginative bunch.

A Pirates of Drinax campaign might take an interesting turn if the Florians could be talked into contract ship building for Drinax (for a price of course). And away from the prying eyes of the Heirate and Imperium. Although something the size of a DE might take 1-2 years to build, patrol corvettes, pickets, gunships, frigates, and similar ships could be built in 6 months or so. Only from off the shelf Florian designs of course - with all sorts of Florian design quirks that Travellers or Drinaxians have to work around. The Florian League might also be a good place to unload any easily traceable prize for salvage/construction credit.

We've had descriptions of Florian ships; they're infamously "blocky", inelegant and brick-shaped. There are pictures (in Traveller's Digest, I think? Maybe issue 20? Or the Third Imperium magazine?)

Apparently, Florian ships tend to be well-armed and not much for comfort; picture a rectangular box with odd turrets attached and no sense of aesthetics.

Are there any Florian ship designs in published material (official or fanon)? Any artwork for them?

It would be interesting to see how these weird dimorphs design and operate their ships. Especially since they don't exactly come off as an imaginative bunch.
We've had descriptions of Florian ships; they're infamously "blocky", inelegant and brick-shaped. There are pictures (in Traveller's Digest, I think? Maybe issue 20? Or the Third Imperium magazine?)

Apparently, Florian ships tend to be well-armed and not much for comfort; picture a rectangular box with odd turrets attached and no sense of aesthetics.

I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but I seem to recall that there was a design or two in GT: Humaniti in the Floriani section.

Back