Xmas or Spam-mas?

phavoc

Emperor Mongoose
Did anyone else get an email from "Mongoose Publishing" (Delivery@uplinkly.com) with purported MGT Traveller Downloads? Oddly enough I bought the items from Mongoose a while ago.

The actual store download link takes you to "Mongoosepublishing.myshopify.com". I'm not sure if they are supposed to be corrected docs, but it has a phish-y feel to it, but it's not anything phishy because the password it's asking for is for the MONGOOSE store.

Very odd, so I was looking to see if anyone else encountered this as well.

I haven't, and I've got recent orders from Mongoose. I'll keep an eye out for it, though. Thanks for the tip.

I have bought a few things in recent weeks and I have never seen this email or anything like it.

I would flag it as spam. It certainly doesn't sound convincing. Don't type a password in.

My ‘downloads are ready’ referred to an order I placed back in 2014 :D

Seems to be an unforeseen side effect from testing their new web page & store, they’re looking into it.

Yup - three "Your Downloads are ready!" from Mongoose Publishing <delivery@uplinkly.com> and all for old supplements from Mongoose V1. I took it to be spam. There was an info request back to bluehorizonsmarketing.co.uk.

The only emails I got from Mongoose were about the $1 items and the free Death Station, both on DTRPG.

Arkathan said:
The only emails I got from Mongoose were about the $1 items and the free Death Station, both on DTRPG.

Same here. But all my Mongoose purchases are from DriveThru as I usually pick up a non-Mongoose item or two while I’m at it. I haven’t gotten anything from the Mongoose store directly. Not sure if that’s germane but may be a data point.

Hey everyone,

Sorry about that, nothing to panic about - we are moving to a new system and a few emails escaped. You should not be seeing anything else like that.

Back