What if? Conan comics

I am not sure if these are all of them, but these are the ones I own:

What If #13: What If Conan the Barbarian Walked the Earth Today?
What If #39: What If The Mighty Thor Battled Conan the Barbarian?
What If (new series) #16: What If Wolverine Battled Conan the Barbarian?

Also, as a parady, there is
What The --?! #12: The Savage Wit of What The --?!
 

terryallenuk

Mongoose
VincentDarlage said:
I am not sure if these are all of them, but these are the ones I own:

What If #13: What If Conan the Barbarian Walked the Earth Today?
What If #39: What If The Mighty Thor Battled Conan the Barbarian?
What If (new series) #16: What If Wolverine Battled Conan the Barbarian?

Also, as a parady, there is
What The --?! #12: The Savage Wit of What The --?!

Also What If # 43 What If Conan the Barbarian was Stranded in the 20th Century

Terry
 

afro-slav

Mongoose
I recall those stories. All great.

As to the question did conan win? Yes, he cut Wolverine through the neck but Wolverine healed and IIRC Wolverine went feral and cut both of Conan's inner wrist of or sliced off a hand or something of the sort.

Somehow Conan is transported to our time and sees the Fantastic Four fighting Medusa who because of her red hair Conan thinks is Red Sonja and attacks the F4. I think that triggers some kind of catastrophy in our world and Wolverine is trapped in the Hyborian Age and becomes the new Conan.

Sorry, I don't recall things more clearly.

However, the one with Conan and Thor was AWESOME
 

Damien

Mongoose
Marvel has this incredible ability to take a very basic concept (like Wolvie fighting Conan) and make it so incredibly complex that you can barely figure out what you just read.

I love that.


I gotta send a friend of mine to pick up some Conan comics for me. Mine were lost in a basement fire -- and I know this great comic shop that has tons of old Conan comics (and everything else) - - it's where I used to buy old X-Force comics.

If anyone's in Massachusetts - it's R&R Comics, and if anyone's actually down there, I'll give you the town and stuff if you want. Great place to pick up Conan goodies.
 

afro-slav

Mongoose
Once again it has been awhile some please forgive the lack of definate correctness but I think I can paraphrase.

Thor was following Loki through the "tunnels of time" IIRC. There he took a wrong turn and ended up in Hyboria. He meets Conan and Conan thinks he his some crazy Aesir warrior with his talk of being a god. Being away from his home plane he lacks his true strength but is as strong as "ten men" in Conan's words. They adventure together and finally go to Crom's mountain. On the climb to Crom's throne Conan gives up because he lacks the stamina but as Thor climbs higher he gets stronger by approaching a heavenly realm.

Crom casts Thor's hammer from his mountian to prevent the noble god possibly usurping him.

The hammer is found by some worshipper of Set and is going to be used for some foul purpose. Thor grabs the hammer and releases its power to destroy the evil priest but because he is not on his home plane the energies mortally wound him.

His last dying words are for Conan to take his Hammer to Crom to show Crom that a true god helps his subjects.

The final scene is of Conan climbing the Mountian of Crom carrying Thor's hammer
 

storyteller

Mongoose
So what happened in the wolverine/Conan issue? Last I heard, Conan pinned wolves o the ground with his sword, but no one remembers much after that...
 

DasClay

Mongoose
I have that one, its in a box in storage. I think I have a PDF of that on my computer at home, someone give me a place to upload it and I willl....

Also, does anyone have a order on all the Dark horse graphic novels for Conan. I have the first one the Frost Giants Daughter, but would like to get all of them. the first one has about 3-5 stories in it.
 

Thoth Aw C'mon

Mongoose
Being a fan of Both Conan and the What If...? Comics, indulge me if you will on some What If...? Comics I'd like to see:

What if Conan fought Mike Ditka? (Gotta say my money's on Ditka...I mean, its gotta be even odds at least...)
What if Conan fought Steve Ditko?
What if Conan fought that guy whose claim to fame was saying "Know what I mean, Vern?"
What if Conan fought Vern?
What if Conan fought Kane (the Karl Edward Wagner character, not the Solomon variety...)
What if Conan fought Solomon Kane?
What if Conan fought Tarzan? It could be billed as The 'Nan vs. The 'Zan...
What if Conan fought Edgar Rice Burroughs?
What if Conan took on all of Dr. Doom's Doom-bots, all at once?
What if Conan traveled thru time and knocked the sulfur stink out of Nightcrawler from the X-men, so that his teleportations become mercifully odorless?
What if Conan fought that guy whose face is always half hidden on that one sitcom with Tim Allen?
What if Conan fought Woody Allen, and his lover/daughter, too?
What if Conan fought Woody from Cheers? Along with Cliff Claven, too?
What if Conan fought the Unknown Soldier? (I really, really would like to see this one...)
What if Conan fought SGT.Rock and his Easy Co., with the exception of the Ice Cream Soldier?
What if Conan kicked the snot out of Captain America, while Cap is in the middle of a eight paragraph monologue on freedom. And then Conan tears his shield in half like a cheap buckler: like strongmen do with phone books?
What if Conan travels forward in time (yet again) with a sack full of Black Lotus (Stygian, the best) and gets Iron Man hooked on that, too?


And finally:

What if Conan punched Bill Maher in the face, and ended up improving Bill's weird nose?
 

afro-slav

Mongoose
storyteller said:
So what happened in the wolverine/Conan issue? Last I heard, Conan pinned wolves o the ground with his sword, but no one remembers much after that...


I listed a pretty sad synopsis above.
 

Strom

Mongoose
Thoth Aw C'mon said:
Being a fan of Both Conan and the What If...? Comics, indulge me if you will on some What If...? Comics I'd like to see:

What if Conan fought Mike Ditka? (Gotta say my money's on Ditka...I mean, its gotta be even odds at least...)
What if Conan fought Steve Ditko?
What if Conan fought that guy whose claim to fame was saying "Know what I mean, Vern?"
What if Conan fought Vern?
What if Conan fought Kane (the Karl Edward Wagner character, not the Solomon variety...)
What if Conan fought Solomon Kane?
What if Conan fought Tarzan? It could be billed as The 'Nan vs. The 'Zan...
What if Conan fought Edgar Rice Burroughs?
What if Conan took on all of Dr. Doom's Doom-bots, all at once?
What if Conan traveled thru time and knocked the sulfur stink out of Nightcrawler from the X-men, so that his teleportations become mercifully odorless?
What if Conan fought that guy whose face is always half hidden on that one sitcom with Tim Allen?
What if Conan fought Woody Allen, and his lover/daughter, too?
What if Conan fought Woody from Cheers? Along with Cliff Claven, too?
What if Conan fought the Unknown Soldier? (I really, really would like to see this one...)
What if Conan fought SGT.Rock and his Easy Co., with the exception of the Ice Cream Soldier?
What if Conan kicked the snot out of Captain America, while Cap is in the middle of a eight paragraph monologue on freedom. And then Conan tears his shield in half like a cheap buckler: like strongmen do with phone books?
What if Conan travels forward in time (yet again) with a sack full of Black Lotus (Stygian, the best) and gets Iron Man hooked on that, too?


And finally:

What if Conan punched Bill Maher in the face, and ended up improving Bill's weird nose?

:p

Hey - What if Conan was the newbie solider that joins SGT. Rock & Easy Co. and befriends Ice Cream Soldier? Everyone knows the newbie who befriends Ice Cream Soldier dies by the end of the comic! :p

Or - What if Conan didn't have wanderlust and decided to stay in Cimmeria? Anyone else think the maps borders would change? No more Aesgard or Nordheim! 8)
 

Thoth Aw C'mon

Mongoose
Strom said:
[Hey - What if Conan was the newbie solider that joins SGT. Rock & Easy Co. and befriends Ice Cream Soldier? Everyone knows the newbie who befriends Ice Cream Soldier dies by the end of the comic! :p 8)

Haw haw! :D Yeah, the newbie soldier was a dead man walking from the first panel of that comic... The Easy Co. newbies enjoyed the life expectancy of a tse-tse fly. Thats life in the Easy Co...
 

Thoth Aw C'mon

Mongoose
InsomNY said:
Thoth Aw C'mon said:
Been reading Jack Chick tracts lately, Thoth? I think I have a copy of "Dark Dungeons" lying around somewhere I can lend you ... :twisted:

:?:

Ex-squeeze me? Bacon Puddin'? Does Jack Chick say "Haw Haw" a lot????

Have you been missing sleep again? Are you sleepless in Long Island?

I googled Jack Chick and he's apparently an anti-Catholic, and anti-roleplaying nut. There were anti-Catholic nuts for the last 2,000 years and will be for the next 2,000 years. And hopefully RPGs will still be around for nuts like Jacksh*t ChickenSh*t to "warn" us about long into the future. Its a fee country and all, but thanks but no thanks for his tracts o' crap.
 
Top