Warp Factor 9

Delerium

Mongoose
Has anyone else has this strange problem I have with the Mercenary booklet?

The front and back cover had slowly warped and are curling in on themselves.

oO

I've got two copies of the book, no problems with either yet.

But then again, let me add that I am EXTREMELY careful with my books. You wouldn't believe what I've seen people here do with their books (or the conditions they end up in with in a month or two of being purchased).

I've had that problem with 1 or 2 books of the Conan line: Argos & Corinthia sourcebook's covers bent inward as if bow-legged. :shock:
Is MGP still printing their own stuff? I heard that they were again out-sourcing the printing/binding.

Yogah of Yag said:
I've had that problem with 1 or 2 books of the Conan line: Argos & Corinthia sourcebook's covers bent inward as if bow-legged. :shock:
Is MGP still printing their own stuff? I heard that they were again out-sourcing the printing/binding.

No, we out source everything. We have never seen a problem with Argos before, so it sounds like your book got wet somewhere. How long have you had it?

My softback MGT have had a slight tendency to curl, but I read rpg books in the bath! They flatten out nice after a night under TMB. I read all my Conan books in the bath, too, and have never had a problem with them.

Klaus Kipling said:
My softback MGT have had a slight tendency to curl, but I read rpg books in the bath! They flatten out nice after a night under TMB. I read all my Conan books in the bath, too, and have never had a problem with them.

Heh... At least I'm not the only one......

I have considered printing my book on film so I don't have to worry about dropping them.

Infojunky said:
Klaus Kipling said:

I have considered printing my book on film so I don't have to worry about dropping them.

I'll be sure to stay upwind of you fellows, most people bathe themselves while in the bath. :)

I have had the book 2 weeks now,but the curling started within 24 hours of removal from the clear plastic film it was wrapped in.

It is only the front and back covers,not the internal pages. Almost as if the glossy coating to the external covers was put on wrong.

RandyT0001 said:
Infojunky said:
Klaus Kipling said:

I'll be sure to stay upwind of you fellows, most people bathe themselves while in the bath. :)

How white of you.... You wash before you get in the tub. Just ask my Japanese sister-in-law.

Delerium said:
I have had the book 2 weeks now,but the curling started within 24 hours of removal from the clear plastic film it was wrapped in.

It is only the front and back covers,not the internal pages. Almost as if the glossy coating to the external covers was put on wrong.

Not wrong it's the type of coating. moister gets in the backside and causes the paper to expand.

Infojunky said:
RandyT0001 said:
Infojunky said:

How white of you.... You wash before you get in the tub. Just ask my Japanese sister-in-law.

:shock:
Tsk, tsk. Careful.

Don't you mean "How occidental of you"? I think it's due more to a difference in cultures than races.
:wink:

Delerium said:

I've had exactly the same problem. It started to curl in the car on the way home (a two hour drive). It was a humid day, but not enough to steam up windows. The curling has become progressively worse. IT's been being pressed under another book with the same sort of plastic laminate cover for a few days now, to see if it will flatten out.

Shiloh said:
Delerium said:

I've had exactly the same problem. It started to curl in the car on the way home (a two hour drive). It was a humid day, but not enough to steam up windows. The curling has become progressively worse. IT's been being pressed under another book with the same sort of plastic laminate cover for a few days now, to see if it will flatten out.

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice.

Faulty batch?

My copy of Spinward Marches is curling a bit, just the front cover. It was like that when I got it from Amazon. There really is no water damage I can detect. It's not a huge issue, but a little annoying.

Damon.

Back