The Blue East

Darkstorm

Mongoose
My new map of the lands to the east of Hyboria is finished and posted on my website along with my essay, "The Blue East", which explains why I placed everything where I did. It's a pretty decent essay, in my mind.
The Blue East

And earlier map and essay about Stygia and the Black Kingdoms can be found on my site as well.
To the Styx and Beyond

I have a pretty good track record designing maps compiled from the writings of fantasy authors. My map of Kane's world (Karl Edward Wagner) has been endorsed by his heirs and appears in the Night Shade Kane books, while my map of the Drenai world was personally chosen by David Gemmell to be his official map, and has appeared in WHITE WOLF and THE SWORDS OF NIGHT AND DAY. 8)

Oooh, Christmas comes early! Really looking forward to reading your essay when I get the time later on today.

And damn, Khitai looks a lot smaller than on the map in Conan RPG...

Having now read the essay, I must also add my praise. It's great!

I'm hanging on to a thing you wrote in the last paragraph:
I will save the more inclusive map for a later time.
I would absolutely love an all-encompassing map made by you, with cities (Zamboula!) and such in the right locations. Make it happen man! :D

Trodax said:
Having now read the essay, I must also add my praise. It's great!
I would absolutely love an all-encompassing map made by you, with cities (Zamboula!) and such in the right locations. Make it happen man! :D
It will happen as soon as I finish mapping out the different sections of the world. There's no point doing it if I can't do it right! :wink:

VincentDarlage said:
Once again, you've done an excellent job. I hope Mongoose incorporates this into future maps.

And I hope Dark Horse does the same thing. I saw recently the download of Conan and the Midnight God #1 - written after the publication of the two Rippke's maps - and I became disappointed with the map in the page 6 :x

Back