Suggestion: Zamboula sourcebook

René

Banded Mongoose
Wouldn't this be a nice thing?

The city is described by REH himself in one of his real good stories; there is a lot of potential conflict: an old Stygian nobility, that revers Set, an alien occupation force (Turan), that is mighty, but with only small troops in the city, the dirty work is done by Shemitish mercenaries, all cower in fear, when the Darfari cannibals roam the night, the bestial cult of the ape-god Hanuman dominates the masses. Further there is no wall around the city, so Kozaks can come and go as they wish (espionage and raiding), the Road of Kings goes through town, so Khitan traders and wizards are not out of place.

I put this thread on the Publish forum, too: if you're interested, please second this, so Mongoose will maybe hear our pleading! :wink:

And don't forget: the wonderful Nafertari will be a perfect candidate for upcoming Temptress class (compare the thread: Hyboria's fiercest page 2 & 3)!

In thining the other night aobut running my forthcoming Conan game, I thought "Wouldn't Zamboula be a GREAT place to start?" YOu could assemble a very varied group and let the adventure build from there. Sure you could do this in other areas, but Zamboula seems perfect.

How's that for seconding?

Zamboula is the home base for my game, we’ve done a lot of adventuring there, a covert war between the priests, the ape god the apparent power and old noble set followers manipulating politics also a connection with set followers from darfar
The Turanian rulers hiring mercenaries shemites and what ever walks in to fight Zuagirs and Kozaks, a war in the underworld
Wow man there’s a lot to do in Zamboula!!!

So sayeth the Zamboula Chamber of Commerce and Tourism! :lol:

"What happens in Zamboula, stays in Zamboula....unless it involves the summoning of a huge terror from the Abyss that goes rampaging through the countryside..."

Back