Stellar Reaches - Issue #8 Now Online...

Flynn

Mongoose
Greetings, Fellow Sophonts:

Issue #8 of Stellar Reaches is now available on the Stellar Reaches website. You can download it directly from this link:
http://stellarreaches.nwgamers.org/downloads/sr_fanzine_08.pdf

The zipped version can be found at:
http://stellarreaches.nwgamers.org/downloads/sr_fanzine_08.zip

This issue is our largest yet, with over seventy pages of fantastic material for your Traveller game. Mark “Commander Drax” Bridgeman brings us our feature adventure, The Irash Express, which is the second part of his series The Lorimar Slot. Alvin Plummer brings us three more Empty Quarter adventures and a Campaign Seed, as well as the second installment of his Biography series. Jeff Hopper continues his fantastic Empty Quarter Echo travelogue series, while Joshua Bell, creator of the fantastic Traveller Map website (http://www.travellermap.com), revisits the “Using Your Model 2 Bis” article series originally appearing in JTAS magazine. There’s a lot of exciting content here, and I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I have when I first received these submissions.

We are fortunate to have three artists contributing to this issue as well. Andrew Boulton provides us a great cover for the fanzine, and you’ll see some of Travis Leichssenring‘s fantastic art in these pages as well. In addition, I would like to welcome a new Traveller artist to the fanzine: Jimmy Lee Wilson.

Jimmy Lee Wilson is a 47 year old husband, father and grandfather. He lives in Louisville, Kentucky, and works in the Print Graphics Industry. He started playing Traveller in 1979 while serving in the Navy, and it’s been his favorite RPG ever since! He enjoys the planning and illustration of each game as much as the actual game time!

We are most fortunate that Mongoose Publishing, who now has the rights to the OTU, has agreed to allow us to continue to support the Official Traveller Universe within the pages of this free fanzine. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing their version of Traveller, and am thankful that they’ve opened our favorite game to the Open Gaming License. It’s going to be a great thing for our game.

As always, I want to say thank you to Marc Miller for giving us this great game in the first place, and for allowing the fans to help contribute to the universe created for Traveller over 30 years ago. I’d like also to thank all of the current Traveller license holders for keeping the game alive and vibrant with your product line: Avenger Enterprises, Quiklink, Steve Jackson Games, Spica Publishing, and any others that I may have forgotten. Keep up the great work, guys!

As always, my friends, I wish to thank you all for your continued support of the Stellar Reaches fanzine. Without your continued contributions, this fanzine simply couldn’t exist, so once again I say “thank you, thank you, thank you” to each of the contributors for your efforts!

And finally, thanks to Tsykoduk and nwgamers.org for contributing the webspace for supporting the Stellar Reaches site. Without them, we would never had made it this far!

Enjoy,
Jason “Flynn” Kemp
Editor, Stellar Reaches fanzine

Back