Spider Bug Model

Does anyone like the spiderbug model

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
To me they look nasty in a bad way. Imo they're a rare miss in the bug line. They're not quite up to the qualtity of some of the other bugs imo.

I like the model, but it's not very cost effective :?

One day I'll be rich and famous and I won't have to worry about money :lol:

I like the model, stops well short of looking like a spider toy, but three to a pack isn't really cost effective.
Doesn't help that the few times I've seen 'em used they died in secounds either...

Maybe a big list of one trick pony gimmick bugs?
I remember the first time I faced an imposter and that was pretty scary!
If you could match different physical capailities to different powers, all with different costs, the MI would never know what the hell was happening! :)

Um.... on the other hand it'd be next to unworkale :)

MaxSteiner said:
Maybe a big list of one trick pony gimmick bugs?
I remember the first time I faced an imposter and that was pretty scary!
If you could match different physical capailities to different powers, all with different costs, the MI would never know what the hell was happening! :)

Um.... on the other hand it'd be next to unworkale :)

But very, VERY COOL!

I like the Spider Bug Models!

Unfortunatly they are'nt as "Bad Ass" as the ones in the Show. :cry: When I heard they were going to be in the Arachnid Army book I expected them to be a bit more............ usefull, but they don't seem to have any special abilities that scream out "HEY I'M Unique like the Burrower Bug is!".

The Spider falls under a "slightly different" warrior to me. Frankly, I'd rather have a warrior with carrion bugs over spider bugs, which is sad really. The Spiders are WAY TO COOL to have been "ignored" like I feel they were. :cry:

oh well.

kirkmex said:
I like the Spider Bug Models!

Unfortunatly they are'nt as "Bad Ass" as the ones in the Show. :cry: When I heard they were going to be in the Arachnid Army book I expected them to be a bit more............ usefull, but they don't seem to have any special abilities that scream out "HEY I'M Unique like the Burrower Bug is!".

The Spider falls under a "slightly different" warrior to me. Frankly, I'd rather have a warrior with carrion bugs over spider bugs, which is sad really. The Spiders are WAY TO COOL to have been "ignored" like I feel they were. :cry:

oh well.

Ur right, they LOOK REALLY nasty - so they should BE REALLY NASTY!

id think theyd make a much better alternative to warriors if their jump wasnt frigging 8 inches. That makes it useless, the whole point of jumping if its not faster than your movement is to get at the enemy from outside of basic reaction range,

at 8 inches youve already been reacted to by getting there, and then again when you Ready for your jump, and then you attack..

or you could just move 6 forward, instead of ready, and take the same fire, and then charge 6 into them and attack... but you gained 4 inches of distance by NOT jumping.

so make jump 12-15.

OR give them something else worthwhile. like a web attack that requires the squad to make a 'ready' action before it can move (Including Flinches?) thus the squad is tangled and stuck unless it wastes an action.

:) you're right it would be pretty cool Lt!. I'd really like to see something along those lines for SST, maybe in a scenario/campaign book even if it is a little unworkable. Some of the best games I've played so far are ones where you have to capture/kill/rescue/locate special targets, and some wierd mutant bug stuff would fit the bill...

Well... Back to the spiders I suppose having the jump trait in a city fight could potentially be useful... At least that is to say, Climb on Warriors is next to useless, so anyhting would be better :)
Um.... Not having to roll for brain suck at the end of the battle's almost ok...

They just go down to easily. I think I'm on the side of Carrion Warriors as well tbh

You gotta remember too, the Spider in the First encounter on the TV show was a BAD ASS, then later, they were shooting them to bits left and right.

However, the First encounter Spider Bug was VERY Big in size (like the Mongoose Spider Model :wink: ) and should reflect so in the rules. The later Spiders were a lot smaller!

Personally I think there should be rules for the Standard Spider Bugs (AKA Adult Spiders) that have some seriously cool "moves" in game play, THEN Mongoose should come out with "Adolescent" spiders that are say, CLIFF MITE model size and they have a basic "swarm" function.

THAT WOULD TRULY BE SWEET! *I'm thinking about going somewhere with this :roll:

They are like a lot of the 'unique' bugs, they work really well when you've got lots of them, otherwise they just get ripped up. Like hoppers, which are OK and scare the enemy in small numbers, but when you field max size units they rip apart the opposition. Same with the spiders...... 10 spiders leaping out of a forest into a unit of MI leave nothing behind, same if they move up behind a screen of workers/warriors. warriors move in to 11" then up to 5" and soak up fire, spiders move to 8"( behind any bugs who've flinched to 7") then ready, brain bug third action to jump. 40d6+1 or 20D10 worth of close combat. Problem being most players bought three and they are just a gimmick that gets targetted. For real nastiness.... improved suicidal stimulation on a spider unit before they charge. Also great against MI players who think hiding on size 6 rocks is safe :)
But you have to have big units, otherwise they just get singled out early.
First time I fielded control bugs they were sniped to crap, second game I put ten on and they were excellent..... capturing a flamer wielding MI is a beautiful experience :)

Gauntlet- said:
so make jump 12-15.

OR give them something else worthwhile. like a web attack that requires the squad to make a 'ready' action before it can move (Including Flinches?) thus the squad is tangled and stuck unless it wastes an action.

I TOTALY AGREE with you "Gauntlet". You've Inspired, infact, this whole topic has Inspired me!

I've never been a FAN of making "my own rules" for a game but I think the Spiders deserve a "better life" on the Table top. And if Mongoose won't do it, I think I'll give it a whirl. Maybe I could get it in Signs and Portents! :shock: :p :twisted:

What say you people? Who's for "ADULT" and "ADOOLESCENT" Spider Bug Rules????

All in FAVOR say: WOOT WOOT!!

kirkmex said:
Gauntlet- said:
so make jump 12-15.

I TOTALY AGREE with you "Gauntlet". You've Inspired, infact, this whole topic has Inspired me!

I've never been a FAN of making "my own rules" for a game but I think the Spiders deserve a "better life" on the Table top. And if Mongoose won't do it, I think I'll give it a whirl. Maybe I could get it in Signs and Portents! :shock: :p :twisted:

What say you people? Who's for "ADULT" and "ADOOLESCENT" Spider Bug Rules????

All in FAVOR say: WOOT WOOT!!

Brilliant Idea, you aren't CHANGING the Spider Bug Entry, you're ADDING to it!

Back