Shadow of the Sorcerer?

Mazinderan

Mongoose
Mongoose folks:

Anything you can tell us on a rescheduled release date for Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer?

Like several other products, it fell from its original place in the schedule around the time the Shadizar map scandal broke. Now, though, the other delayed products and a couple of new ones have reappeared on the schedule, but there is no sign of Shadow.

Just curious....


Mazinderan
 

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
exactly. The weather over Britain was very cloudy unitl now and it was very difficult to find any shadow, much less that of a sorcerer. So we deemed it better to chase it after sunny summer because it is told that the shadows of sorcerers always leave imprint.
Of course, you still can try and find it by yourself but then we decline any responsability should you not be protected by the elder sign.
 

Jason Durall

Mongoose
Mazinderan said:
Mongoose folks:

Anything you can tell us on a rescheduled release date for Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer?

Like several other products, it fell from its original place in the schedule around the time the Shadizar map scandal broke. Now, though, the other delayed products and a couple of new ones have reappeared on the schedule, but there is no sign of Shadow.

Just curious....


Mazinderan

I'm the author, and sadly, the manuscript was delayed due to some health issues. Things are in hand, and it should be ready for release then.

Games companies are often not able to talk about delays, but in this case, as the one responsible, I take full responsibility for the matter.

Mongoose have been very forgiving, and great to work with. It will definitely be worth the wait, I hope.
 

René

Mongoose
Jason Durall said:
Mongoose have been very forgiving, and great to work with. It will definitely be worth the wait, I hope.

Take your time: better late and excellent than in schedule and average. I'm looking forward to SotS!
 

Strom

Mongoose
I like the cover. Glad to hear you are feeling better Jason. "Shadow" is by far the most anticipated release for me of all the Conan supplements/boxed sets. No knock on those wonderful products but I have been waiting for a full-fledged official Conan campaign and I am sure it will be sweet! 8)
 

Mijoro

Mongoose
I'm really looking forward to this too, but I'm a little concerned as to why it's "Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer" and not just "The Shadow of the Sorcerer".

Why does our favorite barbarian king get marquis billing on this? Does he play a role in this adventure? If so, I hope it's a small one and doesn't take anything away from the player's enjoyment of the campaign - a deus ex machina king Conan would not be a good thing IMO.
 

Jason Durall

Mongoose
Mijoro said:
I'm really looking forward to this too, but I'm a little concerned as to why it's "Conan and the Shadow of the Sorcerer" and not just "The Shadow of the Sorcerer".

Why does our favorite barbarian king get marquis billing on this? Does he play a role in this adventure? If so, I hope it's a small one and doesn't take anything away from the player's enjoyment of the campaign - a deus ex machina king Conan would not be a good thing IMO.

I'm not actually sure why the title is the way it is.

Conan does not make an appearance. He is not even in a cameo. He is mentioned from time to time in the GM notes, but not aloud to players. The adventures can be played before his birth, or years after.

There is one mention of him at the end, as sort of a "if the players have spectacularly bungled this one and all been wiped out, the GM might mention that King Conan is called to deal with it when it threatens Aquilonia, if that is appropriate and suitable for the time period."

I did devote a small section of the initial GM notes to "playing this campaign with Conan as a PC" - but that's about 200 words of an estimated 200,000.

So there you go.
 

Old Bear

Mongoose
Basically I was looking for a punchy title and Shadow of the Sorcerer developed. I wanted a cinematic feel to the title and cover (Chris Quilliams has done what i think is the best ever Conan cover for this) and at the same time make sure people looking for Conan product would not miss it.
 

Jason Durall

Mongoose
Mongoose Old Bear said:
Basically I was looking for a punchy title and Shadow of the Sorcerer developed. I wanted a cinematic feel to the title and cover (Chris Quilliams has done what i think is the best ever Conan cover for this) and at the same time make sure people looking for Conan product would not miss it.

Glad to hear it. I was initially scratching my head about the title, but am just happy to have been able to work on such a fun project. I hope it does well for Mongoose and when it appears, the players and Games Masters enjoy it.

By the way, also, I am quite happy with the cover. With all of the rpg stuff I've worked on in the past, it is the coolest cover I've had my words connected to.
 

Old Bear

Mongoose
Jason Durall said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:
Basically I was looking for a punchy title and Shadow of the Sorcerer developed. I wanted a cinematic feel to the title and cover (Chris Quilliams has done what i think is the best ever Conan cover for this) and at the same time make sure people looking for Conan product would not miss it.

Glad to hear it. I was initially scratching my head about the title, but am just happy to have been able to work on such a fun project. I hope it does well for Mongoose and when it appears, the players and Games Masters enjoy it.

By the way, also, I am quite happy with the cover. With all of the rpg stuff I've worked on in the past, it is the coolest cover I've had my words connected to.

I'm sure it's going to be a rip roarer. Still won't mind getting you back proofing though! :wink:
 
Top